Chapter Thirty Two

You guys are going to really want the next upload and I've already written it, so let me edit and I will! Remember this is in the watty awards so vote vote VOTE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first two lessons passed in a fever of excitement and Peeta was constantly checking her watch. Me and Alex watched, unable to keep a smile off our faces. Finally, third period rolled around and I grinned at my friends.

"It's time to put our little plan into action." I smirked and followed them into the changing rooms, slipping into the toilets and locking the door to a stall. When the teacher locked the changing rooms, I would leave my hiding place and set up the traps. I didn't feel guilty; this was nowhere near as bad as what she had done to me.

The turning of the key gave me the signal to leave and I crept out, clutching the carrier bag to my chest. Becca's familiar pink handbag was hung in a corner and I walked over, picking up her shoes and pulling out the first item from my bag: a bottle of Peeta's brothers shaving cream. Carefully, I filled the toes with the thick cream, making sure it wasn't visible until she actually put her foot in. I did the same with the other shoe and grinned at my work.

The next item was a small packet of pure white itching powder. I carefully sprinkled on the inside of her clothes, and for good measure on her hairbrush as well. The last was some clear, slow drying glue. I coated the back of her skirt with it, as well as the bottom of some of her books and her shoes. Now all I had to do was wait.

The phone in my pocket buzzed and I frowned, shrugging. As I glanced at the screen, I frowned even more; the name said Alex. But Alex was outside doing P.E... I cautiously brought the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I said quietly, unsure of what to expect.

"Hello Scarlett." Colin's voice made me shudder and I held my breath as he spoke. "You should really tell Alex to remember his phone."

"He said he couldn't find it..." I trailed off. "You took his phone?!" I exclaimed loudly, glancing around briefly to make sure no one had heard me. Quickly, I entered the toilet stall so I could talk in there.

"Maybe." I could hear the smile in his voice. "But there was a reason I called." I gulped and closed my eyes. "No one escapes. Never. There will come a day when you're ready to tell your story to someone. That person will tell someone and then I will go to prison. That is not going to happen."

"I won't tell anyone. You think I enjoy breaking down in front of people?" My voice wavered slightly and I could feel my legs beginning to shake.

"That just won't do Scarlett. I'm sorry, but you have to die Scarlett." I squeaked and my knees gave out, sending me tumbling to the tiled floor. I somehow kept the phone to my ear. "And don't even bother telling Alex. Why would he believe you anyway?" he sneered, hanging up and leaving me with the never ending dial tone.

I let out a low moan, letting no tears escape my eyes as my phone clattered to the floor. My mouth opened and closed like a goldfish and I stared blankly at the wall. I couldn't tell Alex, he would flip. The only thing I could do was pretend everything was fine.

The door to the changing rooms burst open and I jumped up, my legs still shaking. I leant against the wall for support before pasting a smile on my face and stepping outside. Peeta grinned at me, cocking her head. I nodded and walked past her, out into the fresh air.

As soon as I was out of the busy changing room and into the crisp November air, I gasped for air. My throat felt like it was closing up and I couldn't catch my breath. I swallowed and forced myself to calm down, breathing awkwardly.