Chapter Twenty Four

So yeah. New chapter. One vote please. Yes I'm asking again, but is it that hard to press the little votey button? On your iPod you don't even have to deal with facebook (thats where I do most of my voting). Get the wattpead app for iPod touch seriously. Its my obsession :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched as Alex walked down the road in the early morning light. He turned at the corner and waved, before disappearing around the corner. I sighed. He would be going to school again today, probably exhausted, and I would be stuck here at home. At least I would catch up with everything for a while. I would only have the future schoolwork to do.

Moving away from the window, I sighed and lay down on my bed. The marks on the ceiling made interesting patterns and I played dot to dot in my head, connecting them with my outstretched finger. My ceiling was just plain white, except for the marks, and my walls were a plain pale blue. Everything was in its place, except Alex's hoodie which lay on the floor in an untidy pile. I grinned, knowing I would have to give that back to him at some point.

"Scarlett? Are you awake yet?" My door opened slightly and I dived across the room, throwing the hoodie under my bed.

"Yeah?" I answered, and my dad walked in.

"I was just seeing if you were up. I saw that your curtains were open." He smiled and I smiled back, unsure of what to say.

"Yeah. Are you going to work soon?"

"Yes I am." he answered, smiling faintly.

"Are you enjoying your new job?" I asked and he grinned, nodding. "Good. You deserve to enjoy it dad." I whispered the last bit, but he still heard me. He stalked out of the room, leaving me to feel uncomfortable. I couldn't have conversations with him anymore.

My mother walked past my door about an hour later and I pretended to be asleep for her. I didn't want her to talk to me. We just didn't get on. She looked in and sighed when she saw me 'asleep'. When she left she was murmuring to herself about my behaviour lately. What was I doing? In my opinion, she was the one acting like a spoilt twelve year old. I screamed quietly into my pillow, irritated with my mums behaviour.

I grabbed the hoodie and held it to my chest, sighing. If Alex was here, he would know what to do. He could say the right thing immediately, like he always did. But he was at school soon, probably dead on his feet because of staying up all night. Still, he would go to keep his mum happy and to keep Peeta company. Most people, including me, would skip if they were that tired but not Alex. That was just one of the things I loved about him

The door slammed below me and I peered out of the window at my mum stomping down the driveway to her car. She appeared to be in a foul mood for no good reason; I made a mental note to avoid her later if she hadn't cheered up. I appeared to anger her at the best of times, so today would be even worse than usual.

My bed sank as I sat back in it again and I sighed, longing to go outside. The sky looked so clear today and this was one of the few times I felt like being outside. I used to sometimes play football, I thought wryly. That wouldn't happen again for a while, not until my legs had fully healed. Considering they hurt when I ran for two minutes, I didn't expect that to be for a while.

I stared longingly out of the window; the horizon was clear and the sun made everything seem cheerful and happy, even though it was still early morning. The sky was splattered with reds and oranges from the sunset earlier on and the air was still- there was no wind at all.

I glared at the floor, hating the man who did this to me. Still there was no problem going for a walk. Was there?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So did you enjoy it? Please press the little votey thing. I'll love you forever. If you comment I'll read your stuff and vote and comment. Unless its vampire or werewolf story. Sorry but I just can't read hem. I don't know why...

Song of the day ( I nearly wrote snog lol): hmm...lets go with Walk by Foo FIghters. It's awesome :D

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

LIKE

TWEET

FEED

:P