Chapter Four

"Scarlett... tell me... what is it? How? Who did it?" I gulped.

"Lock the door" I whispered. She nodded and walked over to the door, fiddling with it until it clicked. She turned back round and I could see the shock on her face. "I don't know if I should tell you."

She walked over and tried to put an arma around me. I backed away, and she whispered "Tell me".

"Not here" she looked at me questioningly. "It's Friday. Sleep over. At mine."

"Ok" she whispered. "But Alex?" I shook my head.

"Don't tell him."I said simply, sounding more confident than I was.

"Ok" she pulled out her phone. "You have about 5 minutes now, so do you need any help with your make up?" I shook my head again and she stepped forward. "Does it hurt?"

"No. Not anymore."

"Oh. Ok" I could see tears in her eyes.

"Please don't cry. I'm good, and if you're almost crying now, then..." I trailed off.

"There's more isn't there?" she said flatly. I shook my head hesitantly and began applying my make up, aroung my eyes and over the scars especially. Peeta watched sadly,a look of dread in her eyes.

"I'll text my dad and tell him you're sleeping over." Her face brightened.

"I didn't know you had a phone." I nodded.

"I'll give you my number" I gave it to her and then texted my dad. The bell went, and we unlocked the door and walked out with the rest of the students. No one looked at me strangely, and I sighed remembering the reason I'd ran in there in the first place. Alex.

We walked into art together and I saw Alex sat there. I began to walk in the opposite direction, but Peeta dragged me over. He avoided my gaze and I kept my hair over my face. Peeta kept talking, trying to bring us both into the conversation, but her attempts failed. Alex just grunted and stared out of the window, while I worked on my drawing. We had to draw our true selves, and I knew exactly what I could do. I drew the shape of a body, dressed in black clothes and then drew the basic shape of two eyes. I made the eyes full of emotion with the reflection of skulls in them. They were the colour of my eyes, and then I made her hair long and brown, like mine. I shaded the background in grey like clouds, with lightning streaking through it. I took out my charcoal pencil and made all of the clothes really dark.

"Wow you're amazing at art. Don't you think so Alex?" Peeta said, pulling Alex over.

"You got the arms wrong" he said bitterly scowling at the page. He moved back to his face, leaving Peeta looking shocked. I gulped and then grabbed another piece of paper. I kept my face unreadable, and began to draw.

I drew me again, except I didn't have long sleeves on. I drew cuts along my arms, drawing the rest of my body the same, apart from my face. My face was happy and smiling, and I shaded the background a pale blue. At the bottom, I wrote 'You made me this way' in my best handwriting. I sat back and looked at my work, before folding it up and putting it in my pocket. The bell went and Alex stormed out. I followed him at a distance, and saw him go to his locker, slamming it shut afterwards. I walked up to it and slipped the piece of paper through the slit in the door. I smiled to myself and walked into our next class. It was English. I groaned and walked in hesitantly, taking me seat. Alex completely ignored me and I put my head down on my desk and closed my eyes. Before I knew it I was asleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

I shot up as I heard a scream. My head was killing me, but I ignored it, trying to make sense of the scene I saw before me.Mady was lying there, unconcious, in his arms. I tried to stand up, but fell straight back down again. I had to help her.