Chapter Eight

OMG hey guys. I'm all happy today. Did you know that at 4:57 on the video for Black Parade (by My Chemical Romance) one of the guys is waving? I was sat there for hours today watching the same 5 seconds just to see that guy. He is EPIC!!!!

Well I think you've guessed what the song of the day is. If not then it's Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. :) :) :) :) :) XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Scarlett" Alex greeted me. I smiled at him. It was 11:00am. The sky was filled with heavy black clouds and I knew it would rain soon. "You look tired. Did Peeta keep you up all night?" I nodded and he chuckled. I stepped into the house and he shut the door. I took off my black coat and hung it on a chair. There were some photos on a desk, but I didn't really look at them. I couldn't focus properly on anything. It definitely wasn't a good idea to stay up all night. The make up I always put on didn't cover how tired I was. Stupid make up. My parents hadn't really commented, but then again I stayed out of their way as soon as Peeta had gone. Too many awkward questions would be asked.

Oddly enough, Peeta completely forgot about what she had seen at school. I was pleased about that. There wasn't really a way I could say it which would make it less shocking. i mean I couldn't exactly say "Well when I was 10 I went on holiday with a man I had never met before for 5 years". Because that would go down fine. I sighed. Hey, at least now I could put it off for longer.

"So we're meant to be doing our english project." I groaned internally. "But we have weeks to do it, so if you want we can just hang out."

"Yeh ok." I said quietly, and I followed him into a room. A flat screen tv hung on the wall, opposite a big red sofa. A few paintings hung on the wall, and there was a tall bookcase in the corner, filled with books. Alex flopped down on the sofa and I walked over and sat on the other side. He looked a bit confused at first, probably because I sat at the other side. He grabbed the tv remote and began to flick through the channels. He ended up on this show about missing children. I bit my lip. I hated thhese things. Too many memories. That and the fact that all the presenters pretended they knew all about this, when in reality they knew nothing about what the families go through, or what the kidnapee goes through. I would've closed my eyes, but I would fall asleep. Instead, I focused on a picture on the wall. It was beautifully painted, almost looking like a photo. The tree in it gave off so much emotion. My thoughts were interrupted by the person on the tv talking.

"Now we're going to look at the case of Scarlett Davis." My blood ran cold.

"Hey isn't that funny, she has the same name as you." Alex said, smiling. I didn't smile back, just kept listening to the tv.

"She disappeared 4 years ago, in her hometown in Devon. She disappeared on New Years Day, at about 1:00 in the morning. She was coming back from her Aunties gouse with her mum..." I stopped listening then. The memories were already coming back.

(Flashback)

"Come on Scarlett, it's cold." My mum called as I ran off.

"Come and find me!" I yelled, running into the bushes. A cold hand went over my mouth, and I fell to the floor, confused. Rope was quickly tied around my wrists, and I wriggled, attempting to scream. The persons hand was covering my mouth and nose, and I couldn't breath. I felt rope go round my ankles as well, and then a gag was tied round my mouth. I rolled over, staring at my captor. He was a tall man, and was holding something above his head. A baseball bat.

(Present)

"Scarlett? Care to tell me what this is about?" I looked at the tv screen, and the breath caught i my throat.