Chapter Eleven

Ok so I'm talking to an amazing girl, TheCookieMonster, and we're having the most random conversation ever. I dedicated this chapter to her :) xx

Song of the day: Hm... today I'll go with.... Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. Not Glee. Never Glee. But we're singing it in choir- and yes I go by choice (a lot of people are forced to go to choir) but I'm not a nerd...much-so thats why I picked it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eat." I shook my head. "Eat" I shook my head again. "Look Peeta will be here in a minute, and I won't be able to do anything without it looking suspicious. So eat." he raised his eyebrows.

"No" I whispered. "I'm not hungry." he sighed.

"You're never hungry, but you need to eat. You don't have to eat much, just something." I lowered my head in defeat. I reached out and grabbed the bag of crisps he was offering to me. I opened it and slowly put one in my mouth. It tasted bland, but then again most food did to me. I don't really know why but what can you do. Alex grinned, as Peeta walked over. I rolled my eyes. It wasn't that much of an achievement. I ate some more crisps as Alex and Peeta chatted about school. I couldn't help but notice Alex taking little sideways glances at me, checking I was eating. I raised my eyebrows and he quickly looked away, blushing slightly. I shook my head and stood up, grabbing my bag.

"I need to go and print out my homework in the library." I smiled as I walked away. It wasn't an excuse, I did really need to print out my homework, but I wanted to get away. I felt so... out of place with them. They could talk about everything, and I was too scared. I'd told Alex a rough outline of my story, but I hadn't told him all the little stories. The little things which have scarred me. The things that mean I can't look at a little child without bursting into tears, which mean I can't be touched Ior I flip out. And everything else which no one knew about. My counciller told me I needed to talk about it, but I didn't think that would happen. No one would understand.

"Watch where you're going bitch." I walked straight into someone and was shocked by the tone of the person. It was Becca.

"Oh sorry." I tried to walk round her, but she pushed me back.

"Don't think you're escaping that easily. You humiliated me in front of my friends. This is payback." I thought back to the last time I met her. I wouldn't really class 'telling her to leave me alone' as humiliation. She obviously wasn't too bright.

"Why? It's pointless." I shrugged and walked around her.

"Come back here brat." she shoved me to the floor. I was too tired to fight back, so I just stood up and walked around her again. "I said come back!" She punched me in the face and I gasped and stepped back. She smirked. "Now that's payback." she walked away, through the crowd of idiots surrounding us. I felt myself becoming slightly claustrophobic, and I just stood there, frozen.

"Where is that bitch?" I heard Peeta yell, as her and Alex pushed through the crowd. "I'm going to murder her. By the time I'm done with her, she won't be able to step outside. I'll..." Alex cut her off.

"Scarlett are you okay?" Alex asked.

"Crowd" I whispered, and he looked around, seeming for the first time to realise they were there.

"Come on Peeta" he grabbed her arm, and then hesitantly grabbed mine. He dragged us straight through the whispering crowd. He walked into a classroom and shut the door, before turning to me. "Are you okay?" I nodded slowly and blinked.

"I don't like her." I muttered, sighing. Peeta let out a short laugh.

"No one does. She's a bitch." she grinned, then becoming serious. "I think you 're going to have a black eye."

"I know." I'd had so many before that I knew how much force would be needed. Well I could feel it anyway.

"Come on I'l take you to matron." my eyes widened a bit and I gulped. "Come on." he grabbed my hand and I flinched away. Sighing, he walked out and I followed, leaving Peeta on her own looking confused.

The rest of the day was pretty normal, apart from all of the stares I kept getting because of my eye. I saw Becca smirking at me, but Peeta scared her too much for her to come near me. When the final bell went, me and Alex walked in the direction of his house.

"I think I'm going to have to go home. I have no idea what my parents reaction is going to be." I bit my lip and looked at the ground.

"Surely they would have rang you if they wanted you." Alex frowned.

"My phone died on the first day." I whispered and he groaned.

"Your parents are going to hate me." I shook my head.

"No they won't. And they can't exactly stop me from seeing you. We go to the same school remember? And you're changing me. They'll love that." I gave him a small smile and he shook his head.

"Ok then. Don't blame me if you're grounded." he shrugged and handed me my bag. I gave him a wave. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I walked down the road feeling really peaceful and happy, which was new for me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and tentatively switched it on, dreading what would be there. Oh joy. 313 missed calls and 521 texts. All from my parents. I gulped as I approached our house and quietly opened the front door.

"Scarlett Where the hell have you been?" my mother screamed at me. They caught me trying to sneak up to my room. I sighed and looked down at the ground. I hated people shouting at me.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was?" my father demanded.

"I was at a friends house." I said quietly and my dad exploded.

"Oh because your friend was more important than we were. It was a boy as well wasn't it. I bet you two did all kinds of things in an empty house. Isn't that nice my daughters a whore." I stared at him open mouthed, and my mothers face mimicked mine.

"Calm down." she put a hand on his arm and he turned to her.

"No. Our daughters a little whore and you're telling me to calm down. She couldn't even be bothered tyo visit us when we were so worried about her." he turned to me. "You disappeared for 5 years. 5 Years. Are you trying to kill us?" The words caught in my throat and I fled upstairs, too shocked even to cry. I sat down at my windowsill and stared out, wondering what drove my father to be like that. I passed out at about 3:00 in the morning only to be woken up an hour later by my nightmares. This one was different though. It wasn't a memory. I dreamed that Alex was killed and it destroyed me. I sat on the floor in the middle of my room with my chin on my knees. When I had to get up I slowly got ready and then walked straight out of the house early, not getting a lift.

"By the way you're grounded so don't even think about going to that pricks house." I ground my teeth together trying to stop the tears from flowing down my face. The playground was almost empty when I aproached the school, so I just marched straight through to the library. Quiet sobs escaped my lips as I tried to concentrate on the words I was reading. Tears blurred my vision, so in the end it was just a shield from the outside world. The bell made me jump and I quickly wiped my tears away.

When I reached first period, Alex gave me a wave and I walked over to him, pasting a smile on my face. "Hi" I said a bit too cheerily. Alex frowned.

"You look tired." I rolled my eyes.

"I am tired." I put my head on the desk and gave him a small smile.

"What happened back home?" my face fell. "What?"

Well my dad called me a whore and said that I slept around, I'm grounded for life and he thinks you are a little prick. Yes I could say that to him. "I'm grounded for life now." I muttered annd he grinned.

"I think you saw that coming" I rolled my eyes as the teacher began to talk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I know its short I just wanted to get it out there. So I have a facebook page just search emilythestrange97 and then you can do whatever you want on there. You can even spam it if you want :)