06

Amara moved to the shotgun seat

Amara moved to the shotgun seat. She scrolled through the pictures that Elijah had sent him. They were all really pretty that she couldn't help but apologize at Primo's attitude.

'He's jealous.'

She arched an eyebrow with Elijah's observation.

Primo slid into the driver's seat with a gaudy sigh. She didn't glance at him but the repeated sigh was an obvious sign of his irritation.

"What's wrong?" she asked, eyes glued to her phone. She posted the pics and immediately replied to the comments.

"Natasha changed her mind about me. And here I thought, this was over."

"Shouldn't you be happy?"

'Gorgeous girl'

She chuckled at Elijah's comment.

"You're not listening to me," Primo complained as he started the car. "Who is it you're smiling at?"

"Elijah." She peeled her eyes off the screen and turned to him. "Why?"

"You serious?"

Amara wasn't serious but Primo's reaction was too fun to see. She prodded him further. "And if I am?"

"Don't. You're both my friends. It's awkward." His handsome face didn't lose the frown as he continued, "I won't allow it."

Amara scoffed. "What era were you born into that you think friends can't date each other?"

"It's just—"

"And I never dictated you who to date or not to date!"

Primo clicked his tongue. He stayed mute for several minutes before he spoke again. "Fine. Since you're my best friend, I'll tell you."

Her ears perked up with his dire tone. "What?"

"Eli's been in a long-distance relationship for two years. He doesn't even attend our victory parties unless it's an all-boys party. We teased how whipped he was but Elijah doesn't care. His free time would be spent with her or whoever that was. Then, two months ago he started going to parties and even hooked up with girls here and there."

"They broke up?"

"I don't know. He just told me he's free to do whatever he wants now." Primo made a turn to their mansion as the guards opened the gates. "I'm saying... he'll just use you."