23

Amara enjoyed the morning breeze that blew every now and then

Amara enjoyed the morning breeze that blew every now and then. She sipped her tea, staring at the view of the beach below. There was a knock on her door, disturbing her peace.

She opened the door, meeting Primo's handsome face. He was in a grey hoodie, black running shorts, and compression pants. It emphasized his well-toned legs that Amara had to double-check.

"Ama?"

She tore her gaze away from the impressive muscles. "What?"

"Come with me. Let's go run."

Amara frowned. Where did this eagerness come from? "Uhm. Why" She turned around, going back to her balcony. "Just because we're engaged, doesn't mean we need to act like a couple."

There wasn't any response that the girl peeked at him. Primo had a blank face, eyes downward. His jaw clenched and unclenched.

Amara sauntered to him, squeezing his hand. "Primo?"

He shook his head. "So, you can't go with me?" His eyes were bright and imploring. "Friends do this too, you know."

Great. He really knew what to say to get her agreement.

Amara sighed. "Fine."

An hour later, they were walking down the beach. Primo had run to his heart's content while she followed after him in a lazy walk. They roamed the town after that with Amara replicating Nicolo's words about the place's history and whatnot.

They were eating cannolis as the sun rose higher.

"It's kinda nice here, isn't it?" Primo said as kids ran past them.

She shrugged, eating the last of the tube-shaped pastry. "This is delicious! We should've bought a lot."

Primo chuckled. He grabbed her hands and wiped her fingers with his handkerchief. "Do you want more? I'll buy it."

Amara raised her brows in utter surprise. "You sure?"

"Yeah. Wait here."

She watched as Primo turned to the corner they had come from. Nothing changed between them but somehow, Amara found herself relishing everything he did for her. It was nice to be pampered once in a while.

Primo came back with more snacks for her. They sat on the sand and she started eating though she grew more and more conscious with his fervid stare. "What?"