17

When she and Primo went back to the party, it was chaos

When she and Primo went back to the party, it was chaos. Amara instantly became a babysitter as Primo tried mixing every known alcohol on the planet. He lit up the party and everyone was too happy to complain.

Natasha appeared as the clock struck twelve. "Is he okay?"

"Watch him," she said and went to shut the music off. Amara clapped her hands. "Okay! Party's over."

She ignored several groans as she escorted her guests to the exit. Amara thanked them though some were too inebriated to hear her. She ordered some of them to be driven home before she went back inside.

Primo was hunched over, throwing up as Natasha looked with worry.

"Can you drive him home?" Amara asked.

Natasha's head jerked up. "Me?"

Amara wanted to laugh at her question. She was about to answer when Primo grasped her hand. "No... Not home."

She nodded hesitantly. His mother would ask questions he wasn't prepared to answer.

"Help me," she ordered, putting Primo's arm on her shoulders. "Come on, Natasha!"

Natasha flinched at her sharp tone but moved to assist her. They were at the staircase when Elijah helped them.

The girls breathed a sigh as Elijah managed to put Primo in the guest room. Amara grabbed a face towel from the bathroom, soaking it in warm water, and handed it to Natasha.

And once again, her clueless face infuriated Amara.

"Never mind," she mumbled. "You two go home."

She managed to clean Primo and get him ready for bed. Primo never got wasted unless it was about his real dad. But that only happened twice so she was as clueless as Natasha about drunk men.

That girl... if she didn't care for Primo, why did she even accept him?

If she thought back to that first double date they had gone to, Amara did notice how high Natasha's walls were. But that changed when they went home... and before that... Primo and Natasha had seen Amara and Elijah together.

Was that the moment Natasha decided to move on?

Oh, god. It was her fault.

Then, she couldn't waste time. She needed to fight back. And wake the girl up.

Natasha belonged with Elijah.