30

Despite the differences between the Lucianos and the Castellanos, Castle remained the top hotel in New York

Despite the differences between the Lucianos and the Castellanos, Castle remained the top hotel in New York. With its golden floor, shimmering chandeliers, and rare alcoholic drinks, it quickly became one of Amara's favorite places in the world.

Though at this moment, they didn't come here to laze around.

Amara crossed her legs, grabbing a bar of white chocolate from the glass table. Foreign and domestic guests passed them in a blur as Primo's patience began to wear thin. He tapped his fingers against his thigh.

"How long are we going to wait?" he demanded, annoyance swirled around him.

"Calm down. Eat this..." She pushed a piece of strawberry-covered chocolate to his mouth. He chewed as Amara wiped the excess from his lips. "Please promise me that there will be no hitting."

"No." Primo rolled his eyes, dropping his face on her chest. They sank deeper into the snowy bean bag that was on the lobby's corner.

"Primo..." she pleaded, caressing his dark hair as their bodies squeezed tighter. "Let me talk to them first."

"You're too nice." His beautiful blue eyes looked up at her as his hands wrapped around her slender waist.

Primo's hatred for idleness was out of this world that she was worried he'd be too direct and cause Natasha to spiral downwards. "I told you about Nat's threat," she said.

"Was that even real?"

"Just keep this mouth shut, please," she ordered, putting a palm over his mouth. Primo hummed his disapproval and busied his fingers on the exposed skin of her hip.

Amara let him despite the odd looks they were getting. She wasn't too keen on publicizing their relationship but it was easy to forget when Primo showered her with his affections. She snaked an arm around his back as she continued to observe the elevator.

Minutes passed by before Amara saw the familiar faces that stepped out of the lift. She yanked Primo up. The latter grumbled in opposition as walked towards the couple, meeting them halfway.

Elijah's brown eyes widened, clasping his hold on Natasha tighter. "What are you two...?"

"You don't know?" Primo snarled. He inserted his hands on his black bomber jacket, glaring at the pair.

Amara sighed. "He knows the truth and we want to talk. Please."

"Baby, don't beg. They were the ones at fault," Primo resumed with his derisive comments. "A bunch of liars."

Elijah glowered. "Stop it, Primo. You don't know the full story."

"What story?" he exclaimed. They were causing a scene and Amara could only bite her lip in worry. "That Natasha is so desperate to hide you that she had to use me? That she had to blackmail my best friend and tell everyone we cheated on her?"