32

Eight o'clock wasn't enough to call it a night that Amara went to find Primo

Eight o'clock wasn't enough to call it a night that Amara went to find Primo. She was determined to enjoy the moment despite the lingering doubts of her future. She had found her best friend with the school jocks, playing beer pong.

Primo's back was to her that when she embraced him, he flinched before recognition colored his eyes. "Hey," he greeted.

There was a tinge of awkwardness from their earlier conversation that Amara smirked. She kissed him, running her lips down his neck.

Primo held her by the shoulders as whistles erupted around them. He eyed her with confusion. "Are you okay?"

She smiled. "I am."

He lifted a brow. "You are?"

"What do you mean?" She snaked her arms around his waist and nuzzled her nose against the line of his jaw. "We are a couple, aren't we?"

Primo's lips twitched in amusement before he cupped her cheek. His thumb swirled patterns on her skin as he leaned down to kiss her.

Her breath hitched as warmth enveloped her body with every flick of his tongue. Her hands clawed at his back as he pressed closer to her. Amara relished in the sensations and she would gladly give Primo everything he asked if for the ping pong ball that hit her cheek.

"Guys, come on. You can't do that in front of single and horny kids," Van complained, rolling his eyes.

Amara pulled away, letting Primo nipped at the side of her neck. She eyed the whining boy. "Oh, Van. Is it my fault you're born with that face?"

They guffawed at her antics while the boy turned red as he gasped. Van wasn't ugly but he was big and tall that caused students' to cower at his presence. He threw the ball at Primo who was laughing next to her. "Look at that, Primo! You made the princess mean."

Primo tossed the ball back with a smirk. "What are you talking about? She's always been mean."

Amara snorted as she grabbed a ping pong ball from the side. "You want proof?"

"Okay! You and the pretty boy versus my godly self," Van said in his Texan accent.

Amara smiled as the game began. She and Primo took turns in drinking the cups while Van continued spiraling into a drunken haze. He made everyone laugh despite his losing streak.

Amara had attended a lot of parties but she would go to be Primo's guardian, wing woman, and caretaker. If she was with the girls, she would also end up in the same roles.

After all, she was a good and responsible girl.

Amara was fine with it. She didn't complain because she liked a safe and drama-free space. But she supposed she had missed out on a lot of fun and stupid things too.

Because those wild and crazy things eventually make up a person's youth.

And her relationship with Primo was one of those foolish things.