Chapter 25

The clock ticked to nine when I got up from bed and made my way to the washroom to freshen up. I had woken up from a serene sleep and was skipping my way through the house because my mood was in a good state. I went downstairs to have breakfast to see that Jason was sitting there beside the table. He had a book in one hand, while he was eating with another. Jason had his eye fixated on the book. He was reading with such great concentration that there was a crease formed in his forehead.  

As I emerged towards him, while his eyes were still focused on the pages he was reading, the cover of the book came in my sight. I knew that it was the book that I had kept in the living room the day before because I was reading it there and had forgot to take it upstairs with me later. The previous day I had began to read, 'The Fault In Our Stars' for the hundredth time because why not?

"I didn't know you could read," I joked around while finally made him lose his gaze. Jason looked up from his book before saying, "I happened to cross by this book, which was kept in the living room earlier this morning and the cover seemed rather eye-catching. Thought I might just read what's inside it."

"You should never judge a book by it's cover," I smiled looking at him. 
"The cover speaks if the the book is readable or not," Jason added with which I totally disagreed. There were many books which did not have such alluring covers but the stories were phenomenal. 

"As a matter of fact, nobody would  assume that you are the one to read a book by looking at your outlook. Yet here you are reading a romantic one. Hence, proven that you should never judge a book by it's cover," I said smirking.

"Yeah whatever," he finally said giving in and engrossed himself in the work of reading again. Jason's incessant reading not only proved that he was liking it but also that he wanted to finish it, quickly, to know the end.

"What are you making?" Jason asked as I took out the butter from the refrigerator and put it bedside the bread on the table top. 
"Nothing, just the usual bread and butter," I replied.

"Why didn't you have breakfast?" I interrogated.
"No this book entrapped me from the time I woke up," he answered which made me smile yet again. I did not know why but hearing that Jason was reading something from my library, and that he liked it made my heart flatter.

I toasted my bread and made some for Jason too because it was apparent that he was hungry. Both of us sat beside the table but none of us talked for a long time. It was not an awkward silence though. Jason and I were just choosing to remain in the same vicinity but remain inside  our own bubble of thoughts instead of being selectively social. 

"Austin?" Jason called me, after a prolonged silence, as I was munching on the toasted bread.
"Yeah?"
"Can you make those chocolate drinks that you had made the other day?" he asked, a lot more politely than I had expected him to. His voice was soft and he was looking at me with almost pleading eyes. 
"Yeah, of course!" I replied. He smiled looking at me before dissolving in the book again.

Following breakfast, I went upstairs in my room and took out a book from my own library. Seeing Jason so passionately reading a book actually made me want to read too. Thus, I spent most of the morning doing one of the only things that I truly loved doing, which was to read. In the undisturbed atmosphere, I read with tranquility that I simply adored. It was around 1 o'clock when Jason came inside my room and sat on the bed in a hunched position.

"Why did the ending have to be like this?" he said sorrowfully.
"I didn't like the ending at all," Jason added.

"Well half of the people who read the book actually liked the ending but the other half didn't like the tragedy but it is what it is," I mentioned. 
"Who likes when people dies," Jason said with a little bit of humor.
"For one Addison liked the ending an she said that it was what made the book so catchy," I told him. 
"Addison is wired differently," Jason added. He pulled himself further up the bed and sat comfortably which meant that he would be here for a while.