Chapter 17

I was confident that I would be able to sleep a little more than usual on Saturday. The previous night I was awake till 3 in the morning.
No, I was not studying. As usual it was Netflix that took my time.

In the weekdays my alarm goes off at 6 o'clock and I was contended to know that it would not be going off at its usual time. However, my serenity was brought to an end when the whole house began to shake and successfully waking me up. I woke up so petrified by the shaking of the whole house that I was about to fall from  my bed. 

What the hell was going on?

Music was blaring from outside my room so loud that the walls were vibrating. 

Jason!!!

The deafening noise was coming right out of my room and it had to be Jason. I was woken up from my sleep and was provoked because of it. I checked my phone and when I saw that it was only  o'clock in the morning I was more antagonized than ever. The baseball bat that Nathan had left with me was still lying on my side table and I took it in one hand before marching out of my room. I was so pissed at him. It was a damn Saturday morning and he had no right to put on music so loud and such a fresh hour.

"Jason!" I yelled and went inside his room not knocking. That was probably one of the biggest mistakes I ever made. If only I had known...

Inside his room was Avery wearing almost nothing.

I assumed that Jason had went to drop off Livia at her hospital and that both of them were out because the car was not parked outside. As for Avery, I was certain she was waiting for Jason to back come.

"Bitch don't you have the courtesy to knock?" she yelled as soon as I closed the door again to prevent my eyes from seeing that horrendous view.

"Don't you have the courtesy to be a little polite and not turn on music so loud at 6 o'clock in the morning," I shouted right back.
"It's my boyfriend's house. I can do whatever I want," she said and came outside the room wearing a robe.

"Bless your delusional heart for thinking that Jason is your boyfriend. Secondly, what makes you think that you own him or any of his things. Even if he is your boyfriend you have no right to possess everything he owns or disturb others who live in there," I snapped.

I was already pissed that my sleep was ruined. Added to that when none other than Avery came in my sight, I was enraged. 

"Technically it's not your house. You are just living here like the foster kids because you know your parents are dead, and you are an orphan," she said as if it meant nothing.

I was struggling to keep my mind straight and not beat the hell out of her. The way she looked at me like ignited the fire inside me that I was struggling to distinguish. I was struggling to remain quiet because I knew if I opened my mouth the things would only get worse. 

"No snarly comments this time?" Avery said sounding plaintive.

Another word and I would beat the shit out of her!

"Avery, that's enough," it was Jason who had spoken. Avery rolled her eyes but did not say anything else. I was so angry that I had not noticed Jason's presence until he had spoken. Apparently, he was able to hear the last statement that Avery stated. 

"How did you even get inside?" Jason asked with utter shock.
"Your door was unlocked," she stated while rolling her eyes.
"Maybe you'll find a brain back there is you keep rolling tour eyes," I stated with disgust. Avery ignored me completely while Jason looked, warning me to keep my mouth shut. 

"Please leave," Jason added calmly but the abhorrence was evident in his voice.

"Fine," Avery said angrily and went inside Jason's room to pick up her things. Within a minute she was gone and the loud music was turned off. However, as she went she purposefully pushed me with her shoulders. Following that incident, I literally pulled up my hand which was holding the baseball bat. Seeing that, Jason looked at me all alarmed. He promptly took hold of my hand and pulled out the bat from my grip before I hit that asshole for real.

"Do one thing, remember to lock the doors from next time," I told Jason a little harsher than I meant it to come out.
"Why are you blaming me?" he asked with an angry tone.
"I'm not blaming you," I half yelled before going to my room and slamming the door.

I was wide awake by that time. My mind filled with disgust. There was no way that I could possibly go to sleep peacefully after all the things that had happened so early in the morning. I looked outside to see that unlike the situation the weather was magnificent. Hence, I decided to go out on a run and I did.

Through my headphones the soft music calmed me to a great extent. Alongside, I felt better as I burned a few calories.

After an hour I returned back home and had my breakfast alone in the kitchen. The whole house was silent except the crunching noise of the toast that I was having.

As I was having breakfast I unlocked my phone as a usual ordeal. The thing that surprised me was the numerous missed calls from all my friends. I had my phone with me the whole time I had gone running, but as it was on silent I did not notice any of their calls or texts.

It was untypical for all of them to call so many times together and I had the uncanny feeling that there was something awry.

I called Thea and Nathan but they did not pick it up. Subsequently, I called Aiden and he answered after the second call.

"Hey what's up?" I asked.
"Come to Finn's house now," Aiden stated grimly.

"It's a level ten problem," he added. I instantly knew that it was something serious because Aiden was one of those who always made jokes about everything and had a carefree attitude. When he was talking seriously it was definite that an obstacle had arrived.

Without wasting much time, I quickly went upstairs and changed out of my sweatpants and tee-shirt into something more decent.

"I'm going out," I informed Jason as he opened after the second knock. As an answer, he only hummed with exasperation.

I hopped into the car with agility and inserted the key for it to get to life. However, even after multiple attempts the engine did not start.

It was only morning and I was already praying that I never had to endure such a day in my life.

Could it get any worse?

I quickly went to Jason's room and knocked on the door.
"What?" Jason asked indignantly, as he opened the door.

"My car's not working," I stated.
"So?"
"I need a ride."
"What am I your chauffeur?" he said and began to close the door but was not able to do so because I moved my right foot to put it in between the door and the wall.

I looked at him intently with my brows raised.

"Take the public transport," he enunciated.
"I don't have time... Please," I implored.

"Fine take my keys. I'm only giving it because I have had enough drama from the morning and now all I'm going to do is sleep till noon," he said and passed me over the keys to his car.

"I owe you one," I grinned just before he closed the door.

It took me half an hour to reach Finn's bungalow. As soon as I reached I was astonished by what I was seeing.

There were police cars parked outside his bungalow. Along with that, police officers were scattered all over the place.

What the hell was happening?

_____________________
Heyyy second update for the day. Hope you like it. What do you think happened?

Do vote and comment if you liked it. Additionally, add the book to your library and follow me to get notified as soon as I upload the next chapterts for it will take a turn.