Chapter 50

Instead of saying something else, I pulled Jason to my room. My actions sort of terrified him because being that furious was not my usual style.

"Vianna the suspense is killing me," Jason said as we entered the room.

I motioned him to sit on my bed as I took put the letter and handed it over to him.

"This was what I had received earlier," I stated.
"Am I supposed to read this?" Jason asked eyeing the hand written sentences.
"No you're supposed to worship it. Idiot. Of course you are going to read it," I added firmly.
"Okay okay chill," he said and began to read the piece of writing.

The one thing I was sure of at that moment was that Jason and I stood on the same ground with the same enlightenment of the subject that we were always oblivious to.

As Jason was engrossed in the dreadful piece of writing with a static expression, I commenced pacing to and fro the whole room in a frantic manner. From time to time I heard noticeable gasps from Jason while I was still processing what I had read.

Did that mean that my whole life was nothing but a game of bluff?

Suddenly, I began to feel outraged at everyone around me. I always had trust issues and I hardly even trusted anyone. It turned out that even amongst the handful of people who I thought was telling me the truth, some were just being pretentious.

It all made sense though. I fathomed why Reese never really spoke about her past because she did not want to spill out something that was not supposed to be said. I understood why she always kept me within her eyes. It was probably the main reason why she neither had any social media nor a family she acknowledged about.

Before Reese left, we had a long conversation. At that time she had told me that when time came I would have to believe what was being said to me. Never in a million times did I even think it would be such a great reveal that I would know.

It took a while for Jason to finish going through the sheets of paper. He ceased looking down and fixed his stare on me upon finishing reading it.

I had no idea what was going through his head because for a certain reason I could not deciper it.

"What if it's a scam?" was the first thing Jason asked.
"I don't think someone would be able to give such detailed information about something if it is a scam," I stated.

"So it just tells us how we were being lied to and hid from the rest of the world?" he inquired.
"Apparently yes," I added exasperatedly.

"Well I knew that my father died out of cancer. Now I just know that he died in the chemical lab. He's dead anyway," Jason said. Though he was in a calm composure, I was certain that the information had affected him in diverse ways just not as much as it affected me.

"It does not say much about me but rather about you. Are you alright?" Jason asked.
"Yeah I think so," I said. Getting up from his seat, Jason came towards me to pull me in a hug.

"It's not that anything is changing. Things are the way it was," I said.

"But?" Jason asked knowing that I was not telling the whole truth.

"But I am just shaken to my core," I added.

"Everything is alright. When mom comes we can ask her to tell us the details though I am not entirely sure if she will tell us the truth or not," Jason added hinting the fact that it was all kept a secret.

"She will return tomorrow isn't it?" I asked.
"Yes. We can even arrange a lie detector machine to know if she's telling the truth or not," Jason added which made me chuckle.

"I think I am starting to have a migraine," I added after sometime.
"It's already two in the morning, we should go to bed," Jason stated.

"I don't think I will be able to sleep at all tonight," I added.
"Come on I will accompany you," he said which made me smile.

Both of us were already in our sleeping attire. Thus, without wasting further time, we hopped onto my bed to have a 'good' night's sleep.

I put my head on top of his chest while Jason began to run his hands through my hair. It was a simple yet very sweet thing. Given on any other moment I would have enjoyed it throughly. However, at that time far worse theories were running inside my thick skull.

There was pin drop silence but both of us were wide awake pondering about things that should not have been thought by us at that time.

"All of it is messed up," I said after a prolonged silence.
"It is," Jason simply added.

"I can't believe that for our parents doings we were deprived from our whole families and surroundings," Jason added.

"At least Livia was there with you. Even though I am not fond of what she did, she chose you above everything else. Now, at the end of the day you know that your own mother will be waiting for you at home," I added hearing which Jason moved his hand through my back.

"Vianna your parents loved you too. So did Reese," Jason stated.
"I know," I added while sighing.
"Your parents wanted to protect you for which they chose to leave. Now, as the history is repeating Reese did the same thing so that you are safe," Jason added.

"And you have the rest of us. Your friends will literally die for you. Not to mention Livia. And whatever happens all of us will be there standing beside you," Jason added. Hearing it all by him, a different warmth fled through my frayed veins.

"Thanks," I said meaning it.

"Well at the end of the day you know that your own mother will not be waiting for you at home but I will always be there... Waiting to crush you with the warmest hug after you come after having the longest day," Jason added with a slight hint of humour but somehow it felt like he was saying it from the bottom of his heart. Inadvertently, I began grinning seeing which Jason smiled too.

"Vianna there's another thing though," Jason added.
"What?" I asked.

"In the letter it was specifically written that my father died but in the case of your parents, it was said that they had to leave. Nothing about the accident was written," Jason stated. That specific thought have been in my mind right after I had finished reading it.

"I don't know what to think," I replied because in all honesty, I was struggling to put aside the notion that was fighting its was back inside my mind.

"Vianna could that mean that your parents are alive and that the whole accident thing was made up to cover the fact?" Jason asked the same question that I was trying to avoid.

"If I'm being honest, I don't remember anything from the day of the accident or anything that might relate to it. All these years I knew that they died in a car accident but I was too small at that time to have a vivid imagination of the reality," I mentioned.

Jason heaved a sigh while I kept looking at the ceiling with brooded eyes.

I could not wrap my head around the fact that my parents could be out there inside the world, alive and healthy. Though I was nowhere near confident about that assumption the possibility of it being true was not to be eliminated.

Could it be true?

After all these time, was it even possible that my parents were alive? After all these years of wanting to see them was it possible that I had the chance of meeting them again?

_____________________
I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!
This is the last chapter for this book!!!

I hope all of you enjoyed reading it. And many many thanks to all those for supporting me. It had been a great journey with you guys; one that I never got to see before. I love you all.