Chapter 19

I drove Jason's car at an unhurried pace for which it took me more time to reach home.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with surprise as soon as I got down from the parked car. The bonnet of my car was opened and Jason was leaned against it. Tools were spread out through the area which made me deduce that he was trying to fix my car.

"You said your car was not working and I only lend you mine today. I'm not lending you again," he stated without looking up at me.

Jason was fixing whatever problem there was in the car and I was elated by the fact that I did not have to take any extra pressure for it.

"Instead of looking at me like a creep could you be of some use?" Jason commented promptly.

There it was again! He did not take long to alter to his antagonistic self. Well it did not matter for as long as he managed to fixed my car.

"What can I do to aid you?" I asked with a formal tone and went near him. 

For the next few minutes I was there passing things to Jason for him to work, took them back and placed them in position once he was done with that particular tool. Honestly speaking, I had absolutely no frigging clue of what he was doing. He may as well have destroyed the insides in front of me with me being downright oblivious.

"Jason are you sure what you are doing is the right way?" I finally inquired.
He, for once, stopped and looked down at me with a stern face.
"Do you want your car to be fixed or not?" was all he said.
"Just asking," I said putting my hands up in a surrendering position.

"There's a red toolbox on the top shelf of the cupboard in the garage. Do me a favor and bring it," he added without losing his concentration.
"Bringing it," I said and got up from the floor to pick up the toolbox.

Hopping inside the garage I immediately noticed it on the shelf. I went forward to pull it out while I was humming the tune of a song. However, it was at that time when all the blood went out of my face. Instead of pulling it out and holding it, the toolbox fell on the ground and I began to scream my lungs out.

"What happened?" Jason hurriedly came inside the garage with an astonished countenance.

I was still calming myself as Jason glanced around.
"Why the hell did you scream?" he questioned still not figuring out the reason for me to take such an extreme action.

"There's a spider," I mumbled.

"What?" Jason whispered gathering his thoughts.
"There was a spider right next to the toolbox," I explained.

"Are you serious?" he asked still not believing me that something as stupid as the spider made me scream to loud.

You could not blame me though because I had arachnophobia.

"The spider is probably scared right now because of the drama that you pulled!" Jason exclaimed.

"It's so small why do you even have to get scared of it?" he added indignantly.
"So is a grenade! If you see one in from of you then do you wait for it to explode or do you run the hell out of there?" I pointed out.

"First of all your comparison is not valid because a spider and a grenade are completely different things. The only thing similar is their size. Secondly, a spider is a spider," he said.

As if it would change my thought on it!

Jason bend beside the toolbox and I had assumed he did that to pick it up. On the contrary, the next second he pretended to catch the spider.

Well, at that time I did not know that he was only pretending and not actually holding it. I had believed that he actually had the thing captured inside his hands.