Chapter 44

As I declared, the thing that I had been denying to myself for a long time, Aiden smiled looking at me.

"That we all had figured out," he stated.
"What? You knew? How?" I asked because I had not told anyone about it.

"Vee the way you look at him speaks for itself," Aiden explained.
"Is it that obvious?" I asked while widening my eyes out of shock.

"No it's not that obvious but I know you. All of us are familiar with your behaviour and we know what you think just by your expressions," Aiden expounded referring to all the others from my squad.

It was true that all of us had that strong bond. We could literally speak with our eyes. Regardless, I had thought that I was being cautious with expressing what I felt about Jason.

"Don't worry your expressions are subtle and others won't be able to decode it unless that person is keeping continuous tabs on you," Aiden joked as he took in my countenance, knowing that I was overthinking it.

"I hope it was subtle enough. Can you imagine the awkwardness that would be prevalent if Jason finds it out. We live together for goodness's sake," I added.

"Let's just hope what happens, happens for the best," he added as I pulled Aiden into a hug.

Both of us we pressed against each other while we swayed along with the slow music.
It was a whole minute before we broke apart.

"Where are the others?" I asked.
"Thea and Nathan are probably doing you know what. Addison is also probably with Noah. As for Finn, he is probably having booze somewhere here," Aiden said with humour which made me chuckle.

"So it just leaves us two single peeps," Aiden added.
"Finn is there too," I stated.
"I'm almost certain he's taking the advantage of being single," Aiden chuckled.

"So you and Stacy are not in a relationship too. What about that then?" I asked jokingly.
"I tend to remain loyal to the one person even though it is not the perfect relationship," Aiden added boldly.

"Why can't all the boys think like that," I added sarcastically which made both of us laugh.

"Come on let's go find the others," I said as we were getting out of the area where all the people where dancing.
"By others do you mean Jason?" Aiden teased me.
"Oh stup up," I said as I felt giddy inside.
"I know I'm right," Aiden declared. The fun fact was that he was actually right.

We began to walk through the area in search of the ones from our group. In my dismay, I found something that I did not want to.

There stood Avery wearing her bikini. Apparently, she had just come out of the water because her whole body was dripping water. By her attitude, it was evident that she was endeavouring to turn on Jason. That was something that I was not fond of witnessing.

I was not sure what was going on inside Jason's head because he had his signature bland expression.

Addison was also there and was sitting beside Noah. Aiden and I went and sat on the ground around them. We began to mind our own business and emerged ourselves in a talk.

"I'm thirsty," Avery, who was not talking with us at first, began to say. All of us, being indignant, did not give any heed to her.
"I want water," Avery added.
"So go get it," I said firmly showing the exact exasperation that I felt.
"Whatever bitch," she said and got up to leave.

"She's as useless as a white crayon," I stated sounding perturbed, as Avery left.
"I could not agree more," Noah added.

After sometime, all of us got up from where we were sitting to go near where the main crowd was.