Chapter 10

It was Tuesday. Another day had passed by at its usual pace. Nothing out of the normal occurred, yet nothing seemed to be in place. Reese was getting released from the hospital that day. Hence, after school I went straight to the hospital.

"How are you feeling?" Reese asked me as we left the hospital and got inside the cab that Livia had called.
"Good," I replied nervously. 

The nervousness that rushed through me was unexpected. Maybe it was because I was expecting Reese to say the day she would be leaving. It may also be because I knew that once we went home it would not be the same because of obvious reasons.

I sat there in silence while Reese unlocked her phone. She said that it was the first time she was seeing her hone since the incident on Friday. 
"I see that you have texted me yesterday," she stated.
"Oh yeah," I recalled.
"Don't worry about the papers and the mess in my room. It was Livia," Reese said after reading the message. 

"Sorry what?" I asked completely shook.

"When did she get inside our house?" I questioned with shock evident in my voice.

"Last Saturday morning. She went there to pick some papers for me. She was in a hurry and could not keep the things in place," she stated while her eyes were fixed on her phone. It was new information for me. What was so important that I could not have done and Reese had to ask Livia to do? I did not inquire about it though because honestly I was not intrigued enough.

"Livia and her son is coming to have dinner with us tonight," Reese announced after a moment of silence. 
"Jason is coming?" I asked reluctantly.
"Yes," she mentioned. Wow, another important, yet sudden news that Reese decided to tell me at the last moment. 

"Livia said that initially he may see you as a hindrance but as time pass he will become more friendly," Reese added when she saw that I was not being comfortable with it. Why was Livia giving me a heads up? Will it be such a trouble?

Jason Carter was probably one of the popular person in our vicinity at that time. He had visited our school, Kingsley High, only once but the girls and even the boys were constantly making him stay in the hot list since he came around. He was 6 feet and 3 inches tall and had blue eyes which complimented along with his fair skin, prominent jawline and cheekbones. Jason was also known for his stoic behavior. Staying with such a popular kid would definitely be a new approach for me, one that I was not familiar to.

My friends and I were well known in our school. We even had some connections with people from other schools but it was nothing like what Jason had. Popular people and people like me were different in a lot of aspects which I was well aware of. For that reason, I was already intimidated by the fact that I would be living under the same roof as him. 

When Reese and I went home we began to arrange the dinner first which took approximately an hour. After we finished preparing the food Reese suggested that we go to my room to finish packing all the paraphernalia. Reese was surprised to see that I was halfway done with packing my things. All my clothes were arranged neatly, into neat compartments inside the different luggage, from the previous day.

Reese helped me to put all my books inside one cartoon and my shoes in another. As I was putting the last pair of shoe in the cartoon I sighed out of relief. The work is easier said than done. By the end of the arduous work, my hands became stiff because of the rapid and continuous movement.  

"Get ready for dinner sweetheart. They will be coming soon," Reese stated before going to her own room.

I had a quick shower and put on a maroon shirt with black tights. It was one of the only outfits that I did not pack. I was blow drying my hair when the bell rang meaning that they had arrived.