Chapter 21

Monday came by fast and for the first time I was actually excited to go to school. The basketball tournament was only two weeks away. Earlier, our Principal had announced that as it was an important game we needed to be fully prepared and said that all the players will get the privilege to play in the court during the school hours too. The teachers were asked to proceed further with the studies at a slower pace so that we did not have much difficulties in catching up with it later. He also mentioned that any student who had trouble in coping up could contact the teacher for the particular subject and could see through their problems.

As a reason we were set free for the next few days until the end of the tournament. All of us were thrilled because it meant that we could play the whole time and not worry about missing out anything in class. That was probably all of our long lost dreams which came true. 

On Monday, Finn did not come to school. He did not even contact any of us over the last two days. Each time we tried to get in touch with him, Finn did not pick up or used to say that he was busy when he answered. While we were on that topic, us friends had decided that we would go to his place to check in on him later.

"Why did I come to school today?" Addison screeched as the morning bell rang. It was a sign for the rest of us to go inside the court and do what we loved. However, Addison had to go to join her class.

"Even Finn is not here and it's a Monday. I'll get bored," she sighed.
"We will meet you during break in the cafeteria," Aiden mentioned while he grinned just by the thought that he did not have to attend the classes.
"Whatever," Addi snorted and left us.

The whole day was spent in a rush. Time flew as we were playing with full concentration and enjoyment.

In the morning, I had told Addison that Thea and I would stop by at her house. Addison did not question anything further. Thea, on the other hand, knew about it all. Thus, after school we all went to Addison's place. Initially, Addi was as overwhelmed by emotions upon seeing Noah.

It would be an understatement if I said that we were not surprised. I knew it was happening but even I was left shocked. I honestly did not expect Noah to be that creative. 

Noah had made a poster which said, 'Will you be my girlfriend? Or is this too cheesy?' and he was holding a cheese pizza, which Addison loved. On the other hand, he had balloons too which were green in color because it was Addi's favorite. 

Addison was grinning so hard the whole time, I was positive that her jaws were hurting. 
She said yes, of course. 

Later on I had went home and even though we had decided to visit Finn that day, we could not because the rest of the others had plans.

We all had expected him to turn up in school on Wednesday but he did not show up. Even his phone was switched off for which we could not make any contact with him.

Addison had plans with her new boyfriend, Aiden had made plans with his neighbor, who he had a crush on, while Thea had a family get together. Thus, Nathan and I were the only ones who were not busy in the evening of Wednesday, and had decided that we would go to Finn's house. 

"I'll pick you up at 5," Nathan said as we were leaving the school grounds.
"Okay I will be ready by then," I replied as I got inside my car and drove back home.

I quickly showered and changed out of my school uniform.
"Mom will be out tonight," Jason said as I went downstairs to eat because I was famished.
"Going somewhere?" he asked seeing my attire.
"Yeah, Nathan's picking me at 5," I said casually. He hummed as a response. I had just finished eating when Nathan called me to say that he was outside.