Chapter 13

By Saturday morning I had managed to organize everything inside my room. Livia had to work that day and Jason had gone to one of his friend's house and was supposed to stay there till night. All in all, I was home alone the entire day.

In the morning I decided to get a bit of my school work done. I was sitting down to study after what seemed like ages. It was miraculous that school was not pressuring us students since the past week. At least the nerve-wracking ordeal of the school's work was not there to add up to the whole stress that I had to endure in the previous few days.

After an hour into studying I was more exhausted than I was on the last whole week. Somehow, even though it was not even noon, I began to feel sleepy. That was probably one of the superpowers that I had; I would not be tired in any way but just after spending sometime with my textbooks, I would be all weary.

Even after multiple attempts I could not concentrate further for which I decided to have lunch and give myself a break.

I would go back to study after lunch, I thought.

The next time I saw the clock it was 3 in the afternoon.

Did I just spend three whole hours watching Netflix?

Yeah!

I finally put my lazy ass to work and cleaned all the utensils that I had used to cook myself lunch.

As I finished doing the chores I remembered that I had to pick up the car from my previous house. However, the thing I did not think was how I would go to my former house. I was still not accustomed to the surroundings as it had only been one day since I moved. I went through google to search for the nearest method of transportation but none of it seemed to be suitable enough.

I was still digging though google when Addison called me.
"Are you free?" she asked.
"Yeah been all day," I stated.
"Well it's okay if I come to your house right?" she asked shyly.
"Uh huh! No one's in here anyway."
"Perfect then. Thea and I are coming in a few minutes," she announced.

"Tell her to give the address," I heard a second voice which was Thea's.
"Oh yeah text me the exact location. We'll use google maps," Addison added before cutting the call.

Thea's house was only a few metres away from my former house. Thus I planned that when they would leave I would go with them, to my former house, and drive the car to this place. I knew it would be time consuming but it was fine by me.

Addison and Thea took more than half an hour to come. I was in my room and rushed to the door when I saw Addi's car in the driveway.

"Hiii girl," Thea greeted gleefully.
"So no one's home?" Addi asked.
"Addison Brooks did you come to meet me or Jason?" I joked, hearing which Thea laughed.
"Of course you. Duh!" she replied with an innocent face.

"I was surprised that Addi did not know the location before. She practically stalked Jason for hours the first day," Thea said laughing hysterically.
"I knew the area's name. I just forgot the exact point of the house," Addi joked making us chortle.

As soon as both of them entered my room, their eyes laid on the large window and then on the court that could be seen outside. The house was situated at the fringe of the town for which the landscape was different. It was a mesmerizing view that could be seen from the window and both my friends were amazed by it.

"So how's new life?" Thea asked as she sat on my bed.
"Better than what I had expected it to be," I replied truthfully.
"Except the fact that I have to see Jason's stupid face and be a victim of his annoying tasks, it's all good," I added.

"Today he was not even home and you just stayed here for half a day yesterday. How can you possibly conclude the fact that he is annoying?" Addi asked.
"He just gets on my nerves," I answered.
"You have to get used to it though. I don't think you will be moving to another place soon," Thea stated humorously.
"That I know."

"You guys want coffee?" I asked while getting up the bed.
"Yes please," both of them answered at once.

I had a bad addiction to coffee and my day could not start without me having it. The amount of coffee I had during the day varied according to my tiredness. That day I had it in the morning but was craving coffee again.

I made both my friends milk coffee, which they liked, and made myself a mug of pure black. I was about to take the mugs upstairs in a tray when I heard Addison's voice.
"Austiiiinnnn," she called my name cheerfully. I thought it was queer as none of my friends called me by my last name, Austin.

Addison frolicked her way towards me.
"It's Jason," she beamed and handed me my phone.

"Yes Jason," I began.
"I'm bringing some of my friends home. Just giving you a heads up because I don't know what you are doing. I didn't just want them to barge into something that may be interdict," Jason stated blandly.
"What are you expecting? Me having a party with strippers?" I added without much emotion.
"I don't know you yet so there's a possibility of it," Jason said and cut the call immediately.

Addison's once gleeful face became confused as she took in my irritated one.
"What happened?" she asked with concern.
"Jason's being the asshole he is," I replied.

"What was all the commotion about?" Thea, who was in my room, asked as Addison and I entered.
"Apparently Jason was being an asshole," Addison replied.

"It's actually funny you know. Jason just called to say that he was bringing over his friends and was telling you, so that you are all proper and ready," Addison chuckled.
"He was just informing you Vee," Thea said logically.
"Yeah I know that. Maybe a teensy bit of politeness would have been better," I added.
"The way he spoke it seemed that I was selling cocaine in here," I said making both of them laugh.

"Anyways he calls you Austin? Nobody calls you Austin," Addison mentioned after a good minute of laughing.
"I have no idea how he even found out my last name was Austin," I stated.

"Why you never said it? How else would he find out?" Thea questioned.
"From the first day he called me Austin even before I could say my name," I said.

When I thought of it, it was a bit suspicious about how he really got to know my last name. I did not even have it written on any of my social medias.

"He probably did some stalking before meeting you," Addi joked.
"Not everyone stalks others like you, before meeting someone," Thea told Addi which made me chuckle.

We had spend a good amount of time before Jason, accompanied by his friends, arrived.

Unlike Jason his friends were very welcoming. There was Noah, Owen and Eleanor, who was also Owen's girlfriend. 

Thea, Addison and I were inside my room but all three of Jason's friends came inside to greet us and all of them seemed pretty kind too. I was somewhat astonished by the fact that none of his friends was as exasperating as he was.

I did not know what Jason had told them about me. But I guessed it was some sob story which made them behave amiably.

"If you guys want you can hang out with us," Eleanor stated with a genuine smile.
"We would love to but it's already late and were  about to leave," Thea stated.
"I'm sure we'll see you soon. After all Vianna and Jason live under the same roof and we are their best friends," Noah joked.
"Yeah of course," Addison chuckled.

Without further delay, we exchanged our goodbyes and left the house. Addison dropped me to my former house where I had to pick up the Honda. After spending a considerable time on the road I reached the place. I did not go inside the house, just took the car and left. It was hard enough to leave the place which I had called my home for the past decade. I did not want to go inside to augment the agony.

On the way back, I drove slower than usual. I enjoyed the serenity that was present in the atmosphere.

At that time I had no idea of what the future held for me. However, for once, since the past week, I thought that maybe everything will not be as hard as it seemed.

________________________
Hey all. I hope all of you are doing great. Do vote, comment and share the story if you liked it. And follow me on Wattpad too