Chapter 17- Ritianna

Recap:

"You don't do charity work!" Jackie exclaimed.

"Jackie that's enough," Ritianna told her friend.

I thought Jackie was going to have a hissy fit, but she didn't talk the rest of the car ride. None of us said a word after that. Ritianna helped me out of the car. Jackie stayed in the car, still pouting. I got into my Grandma's house and everyone was in bed.

I started towards my room.

"Hey," My sister yelled behind me. She scared me so bad that I must have jumped a foot off the ground.

"Thanks for the ride home, sis" I said.

"Sorry, phone was dead," she told me.

"How was your research?" she asked me.

"There is a lot of missing pieces. Still a lot I don't know, but I'm going to find out," I told her. I hoped she got the message. There was something she wasn't telling me and I will find out.

I walked off and went to bed.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ritianna's POV

I helped her out of the car and watched her go into her house.

"Let's go!" Jackie exclaimed.

"That's enough!" I yelled back at her.

Jackie doesn't like humans. What I forgot to mention was that she isn't an ordinary human. She is a witch. We need her.

"I didn't want to tell you this but she is a witch," I told her.

"She's a dirty blood?" She asked me.

She is not a full witch yet, that's what she means. People who are full witches have tattoos on the back of their necks. It means they have all witch blood and their human blood is completely gone. It's sort of like puberty.

"Yeah," I said.

I looked over and saw Jackie's smile grow. Her eyes now turning orange. Her blue rose tattoo on her neck now glowing brightly. Her fangs growing in her mouth.

"She's the one we have been looking for all these years?" she asked. It was more of a statement than a question.

I nodded.

"Wait. How do you know?" she asked me.

"She's very powerfull already. Roberto told me that. He said that she saved a kid with only her will. She wanted that kid to live, and moved him with her mind only. Her tattoo hasn't even shown up yet," I told her.

Before the tattoo shows up, they get some powers. Like reading minds and moving small items with their mind. Things no bigger than a coin. She made the kid disappear and reappear somewhere else. Some full fledge witches can't even do that. Once the tattoo turns a dark blue, they can do whatever they want.

"She would be a very powerfull weapon," Jackie said absentmindedly.

"She can get rid of your mutation," I told her.

Jackie was once a human. She was once attacked. During that attack she made her attacker kill himself. She had no idea what was going on. All she knew is that she wanted her attacker to die. She got out of that incident with no problem.

As it turns out the guy was a good friend of one of the head vampires. The head vampire is someone to fear. If he wants someone dead, they are dead. No matter what race. No matter how powerfull. He was going to kill her. His wife insisted that killing her would be a waste. She didn't mean to kill him, nor did she know what that would mean.

The head vampire listened to his wife. His wife wanted her to go without any consequences. The head vampire said that he should teach her a lesson. I don't know how but he turned her into a vampire. Half witch and half vampire.

She scowled.

"I'm not human. I'm not Vampire. Nor am I a witch. Just a mutation," she sighed.

I put my hand on her shoulder. She hates mutations with a passion.

"I have got to meet someone tonight. I will solve your problem," I told her.

"Why?" she asked me.

The question took me off guard. Why wouldn't I help her? She is my best friend.

"You helped me with some pretty tough times. When we were all human. I will never forget it," I told her.

"But I am your enemy. Thoratomians don't like vampires or witches. I am both. Both societies will kill you for even looking at me!" she exclaimed.

"I don't care what you are. All that matters to me is who you are," I told her.

"Thanks," she said as she got out of the car.

I smiled at her and drove off.

I have to find Roberto. I have to know what he is up to. Maybe I can figure out what to do from there.