Chapter 12 New kid at school

I was walking down the road, when it hit me. I finally remember the missing piece, vampire. It was what I couldn't remember, but was trying to figure out. I knew something happened that night, but I didn't know what. Tomorrow I should ask him about it. I do not know how to bring it up though. I can't just say, 'Hey, how's it like being a vampire? It's cool with me, as long as you don't kill me," I should bring it up casually.

"Hey, need a ride?" asked a lady.

"No thanks, I can walk." I really didn't want to walk but I don't know her.

"Hey," she said. I turned my head and saw her pitch black eyes. They looked evil, but I decided that it couldn't hurt anything. "I will take you straight home. You are soaked, what happened?" she continued.

I got in, and noticed that her hair matched her clothes, and eyes. All black. Something about her screamed evil. I don't know what I am doing in this vehicle, but it beats walking. If I walked, I would get a cold. It sounds like no big deal, but I have a cold all year around. I try to avoid it at all costs.

"Thanks," I said quietly.

"What happened?" she asked. It sounded more like a command.

I decided that since she is driving me, I could at least tell her something.

"I... I was fooling around on a dock. I was pretending to push someone off. They got mad and pushed me off," I said. It was part of the truth.

She smiled like there was some inside joke I was missing. I wonder what she knows that I don't.

"I see, what's your name? Oh, where do you live?" she asked me.

"Lucy, and down the road a ways," I told her. "How about you?"

"Ritianna," she purred.

"Who were you out with?" she asked. I was suspicious. This lady was asking a lot of questions.

"James, you might not know him," I said.

"Oh, the tall one with brown hair. How do you know him?" she asked me.

This was getting weird.

"From my school. Why do you need to know?" I asked a bit too rudely.

 "It would be nice to know someone from my new school," she told me.

Wait, she doesn't go to my school. I would know, you can't miss someone like her. I would recognize her from a mile away.

I narrowed my eyes, as I said, "Yeah, when did you join?"

"I just signed up. I am going to school tomorrow."

I noticed that we were coming up to my house. I wanted to stay here to ask her more questions, but I also didn't want to be around her any more than I had to. I told her where I lived and got out.

Ritianna's POV

She got out, very quickly might I add. I could tell that, that girl was one that was not easily fooled. She kept giving me skeptical looks the whole way home. You would think that she would ease up a little bit for the person who gave her a ride home. She even soaked my seats, the least she can do is smile.

It shouldn't be that hard to register in an hour. With a little bit of convincing, I will have my schedule in half an hour.  I probably should have minded my own business, but that girl is an interesting sort. James never pays as much attention to anyone before. I have tried. The boys as blind as a bad when it comes to women. I pretty much layed myself out there for him, and he said, "Would you like some sugar in your tea?"