chapter 15- The Fight

Recap:

Lucy, you're a witch," he told me.

"If I am a witch, what are you?" I asked.

He smiled and looked at me.

End of recap

"Well? Are you a vampire? How about a werewolf? What's your name? How do you know mine?" I asked, now excited.

"You can call me Evan. I saw you name on that medical sheet," he told me.

"Answer the first two questions," I insisted.

"Figure it out. You seem like a smart girl," He said.

Not the guessing game. I don't like that game. That's mostly because I never guess right. I am not even kidding. Not once have I guessed right.

"Do you sparkle..." I started.

Then that reminded me of something. Sparkles. I remembered that flashback. The one with a Mountain Lion. The Lion had sparkles glued to its fur.

In the alleyway, he saved me. He was also the one who saved me from the fire.

"You saved me, twice," I said.

"Not exactly," he said.

If it wasn't him, then who was it?

"Three times," he told me.

Wait, that doesn't make sense. There was the fire. The alleyway. What else?

"I only count two. What's the third one? Don't make me guess either or I will make you leave," I warned him.

As I said, I don't like guessing.

He turned around to leave. I panicked. I really want to know, and he wasn't telling me very much. It was like after meeting him for the hundredth time I just learned his name.

"Wait!" I said.

He turned around and walked back.

"Now that's what I thought," he said.

I sneered at him.

"Cocky Jerk!" I said.

I shouldn't be calling him that. He did save my life three times. Well I think that he made the last one up.

"If I was a jerk, you wouldn't be here," he told me.

I wouldn't be here? Is that a threat? Just because I'm injured doesn't mean that I can't kick his butt. If I kicked him, I wonder who it would hurt more. This cast is big and heavy.

He glanced at my expression and started to laugh.

"I'm pretty sure that you took it the wrong way," he told me, still laughing.

If he was a jerk.. I thought to myself.

If there was an actual light-bulb on top of my head it would have gone off right now. If he was a jerk, he wouldn't have saved me earlier. If he was a jerk, I would be dead.

"You saved me, that's why I am here," I said, looking down, trying to avoid his glance.

I instinctively touched my forehead. Remembering when something touched it after the crash and whispered into my ear.

  My forehead hurt when I touched it. There must be a big bruise there. When I looked up, he was right in front of me.

"That's a pretty big bruise," he said.

I looked into his eyes and was surprised what I saw there. I saw love and compassion. If you looked far enough you could see isolation. His eyes makes him seems like he is one hundred and fifty years old instead of his actual age.