.:Chapter 18:.

*Authors Note*

Please read, comment and vote if you like.

Thanks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

.:The Vampires Slave:.

.:Chapter 18:.

*Austin’s P.O.V.*

I gripped Lace’s arm harder as we stepped through the portal. He tried to shake me off, but I only dug my fingers deeper into his arm.

“Do you have a plan or do you just want to take me for a walk?”, Lace asked cockily as I continued to pull him along. We got to the bottom of the stairs and passed some maids. “Where are we going?”

I continued to pull Lace into the garden as Ashes jumped out from behind the tree and hit Lace with a heavy wooden bat. He fell down and turned on his back, his hands holding the back of his head. I looked up at Ashes with a questioning look.

“A wooden bat?”, I asked, arching one eyebrow.

“I couldn’t find anything else, everything we have is either too heavy or not hard enough.”, She wailed as she threw the blood covered bat to the ground. Lace was trying to crawl away as Ashes kicked his side. She pulled her foot back, but I held up my hand to stop her. Though Lace still cringed away from her.

“What? It’s not like we’ll need him!”, She said. “B- Uh, He said that we don’t have to keep him alive!” I was proud about the fact that she stopped before saying His name. It was one of the first things He had taught us, ‘Never say my name in front of a prisoner, no matter what kind. They could always flee and ruin our plans.’

“Gag, tie, and blindfold him. I’ll take care of our ride back.”, I ordered as she sighed in defiance. She made a big scene about slowly walking over to Lace, then I turned away to meet the guys. I walked into the mace, I knew this place like the back of my hand. I walked to the end of the mace and continued through the adjoining woods. There was a little cave at a meadow 100 feet away from the entry way of the woods. The cave was pretty handy, as it was hidden by green bushes and thick trees. I stepped into it and was met by Him. He had Her stench all over him.

“What now?”, He asked as he sighed heavily.

“Little Princey’s cousin was snooping I guess. Ashes is tying him up right now, she wants to know if she can, uh.. ‘play’ a little with him.”, I answered.

“I want him alive, Ashes can chop down a tree or so, that should calm her down.”, He said dismissively. “We can probably use him then. Isn’t family nice?”

*Samantha’s P.O.V.*

I heard the cell door open and looked for the intruder. Nothing, just blackness. But, I saw a faint shadow that quickly bent down, then left. I scrambled up into a sitting position. I looked around frantically, wasn’t there a woman in here with me? Was I going crazy? I let my hands roam about the uneven stone floor. My fingertips hit a metal plate, making a weird sound that echoed through the room. I pulled the metal plate over to me and let my hand slowly dip into it. It wasn’t anything disgusting, as far as I could tell, it felt like a piece of bread. I took the bread and devoured it fast, before anyone could come back to take it from me. It was cold here, I was sitting on a woolen blanket which I pulled out from underneath me. I wrapped it around me and listened for sounds of anything. I could hear a someone breathing faintly.

Squinting my eyes, I tried to make out the shapes outside of the cell. It wasn’t exactly a cell, it was more like a big hamster cage... Maybe I was just a little crazy.

Shouldn’t I be dead by now? Maybe Batillus screwed up, couldn’t even kill a girl. I laughed softly at the thought of him not being able to kill a human. In all those times that I should have been killed I survived, sure they were human. But Batillus was immortal, he should have mastered it.

I closed my eyes for a minute or so, then opened my eyes quickly as I felt a cool hand on my forehead. I looked up and saw the woman that sat here with me before. I opened my mouth to speak as she hushed me and picked me up. She carried me swiftly, and walked through the closed cage door. We passed a pair of guards that were seated in front of another cell. She carried me up the stairs, out of the dungeon. She brought me to a log hall, which I think Batillus pulled me through earlier. She set me down on the ground, with the woolen blanket still wrapped around me. I heard some voices, and turned to the direction they came from. I looked back to the woman, but she was gone. I was dumbfounded about her being gone, then I just crept closer to the source of the voices. They came from a room at the end of the hallway. The door wasn’t closed, it was left ajar. Whoever was in there probably didn’t push the door hard enough for it to close or so. I tried to see who was in the room, but failed because the stood behind the door.

“So we brought him here. I thought we could use him if the prince would try something funny. I mean look how the king adores him, Leviathan has got to know that. So he’ll play nice. What about the girl?”, A guy asked, with a husky voice. I knew the voice from somewhere, but couldn’t place it.

“Well, the king does love him. It’s like their almost family or so. Spending all that time in the castle... Well, about the girl... I don’t know. Maybe we could turn her, I bet she’d make an excellent wife...”, The other man said.

“Where is she now?”

“In the dungeon.”

“The way I know you, you probably put her in the same cell as the other one. Except that the girl won’t die there. Not yet at least.”

I jumped to my feet and ran down the hall as I heard them stand up. There was a staircase at the far end of the hall, I ran to it and hid behind the corner.

“So, are you going to show me where you’re hiding her?”, the man with the husky voice asked. Now I’m so dead. They’ll go to the cell, and I’m not there....

“No, not now, let’s go and think of a place to put the kings littlest friend.”

The kings littlest friend? Who was the kings littlest friend? I walked up the stairs, only looking back to make sure nobody was behind me. I turned my head back and jumped in surprise as the woman, Amora, stood in front of me. She took my hand and led me through the closed wooden door. The room was very dusty, as if nobody had been here in a long time.

“Are you a ghost or something? Or am I just not sane anymore?”, I asked her finally.

“I do not know, you tell me.”, She answered simply.

“What exactly do you know?”

“Well, I don’t belong here. I don’t feel comfortable here. As if I’m not wanted at this place. It’s a little hard to explain. You seem familiar though.”, She answered, her perfect forehead creased in thought.

“I don’t know you. I just thought that there was something. Never mind. What is this place, I mean this room?”, I asked. I turned and looked around, noticing the dusty bookshelf, the
old world cherry secretary, loaded with dust. There was a old chair in front of it, it looked as though it would fall apart if you sat on it. I turned back to face Amora, but as usual, she was gone. I walked to the old secretary and slowly sat down on the old chair. I brushed some of the dust off of the desk, then I picked up the yellow papers. The writing was slowly fading from the pages. I found one in an envelope, with what I guessed was the royal crest stamped onto it with wax. I opened the seal, and slid out the folded paper it held. I unfolded it and tried to decipher the words on the page. It was a letter, addressed to Alabaster.

‘My dearest brother Alabaster,

The seasons here are beautiful, almost the way it was in London, before all the industrialization started. If you change your mind, you are welcome to live with me and my husband here. Anyways, I love the office Odio built for me. In each of these bricks, that form the walls around me, I see how much he loves me. Batillus and Lucerna are almost grown up. Batillus just turned 3, and I think that I am pregnant yet again. Batillus has grown so much in the last year, you must come and see him sometime soon. We have just gotten a few new servants. Odio trains them himself, He said it was to make them show respect or so. I wouldn’t know about it, he keeps them away from me and the others. But I don’t really care, I’m just so happy about everything lately. I can’t await the birth of my second born. I hope it’ll be a girl. But you must come and visit us soon.

With much love,
your beloved sister Imperia.’

The letter wasn’t dated, so I could only imagine how old it was. Probably over 15 years old or so. I wonder why it wasn’t sent to this Alabaster guy. So, this Imperia was Odio’s wife? Batillus’ mother? I put the letter back into the envelope and continued to search the desk. I found another envelope under a ancient book. I took the envelope and opened it. I unfolded it and began reading.

‘My dearest brother Alabaster,

Something horrible has happened! I think Odio has found a liking to one of our maids. He treats her different than the others, very affectioned. I don’t want her here anymore. She may not show interest in him publicly, but I am sure that she does behind closed doors. I talked to Odio about letting her go, He was furious. He said that he trained her especially for our daughter. Lucerna is now eight years old, we didn’t even know if she would be a girl or a boy. But obviously he did know, or he was lying. I think the latter one is right. Odio turned very bitter. He doesn’t care for me as he did before. I will send some of our guards to bring her away if this continues. I will try to talk to her tonight. Maybe she really doesn’t like him.
Odio had another meeting with those earthbound immortals. They signed a peace act yesterday. I may bring the servant girl to them. They seem peaceful and very nice.
Since Lucerna’s birth, I’ve been very weak. Odio still wants me to take everything easy. I think he’s trying to keep me out of his mistress’s way. I will send the servant away tonight. I don’t think I’ll survive another year. Odio called a doctor a week ago, he said that I wouldn’t have much time anymore. I just hate that I’m dying slowly.
Please do not mourn my death, as I am as ready for it. I will send all the maids away, including Odio. That will give me enough time to do it. It will also keep them away long enough so they can not bring me back. God knows I wouldn’t want that.
The group of guards just came, I will have to end this letter now.

With all my love,
your beloved sister Imperia.’

She- she killed herself? Lucerna looks like she’s about eighteen, or nineteen. So this letter was 11 years old or so. Who was that maid? I set the letters back down on the table and got up. There was a old mirror hanging on the wall. I walked over to it and picked up glass coins that were laying on the shelf just below the mirror. There where metal tins and tubes of old make up set out across the shelf. I looked at the glass coins, then turned my attention back to the mirror. I jumped in fear as I saw myself a foot away from me putting on make up, in the mirror.

I walked away slowly from the creepy mirror and watched as I disappeared from it’s glass surface. Was it, like, a magical mirror or was I really going insane? I sat back down on the chair and stared in shock at the weird mirror. I had to ask Amora about that. Maybe she knew something about it.