Chapter 8

The Vampires Slave

Chapter 8

*Prince Leviathans P.O.V.*

I was in rage. Who had released her from the cell? I left her in my room, and locked the door behind me. Should she try to escape again, I'd catch her. And what was Lace doing in there with her? I needed to find my father and demand an explanation to this.

"FATHER!", I yelled furiously as I walked into the throne room.

"Yes my son?", My father said in obvious distaste of my yelling.

"Why is this girl in my room?", I asked calmly. I knew he liked to assign the slave girls to me but, where had he found her? Or did he release her from the cell?

"Austin Blade brought her here, He had said that she was a slave girl which he found whilst she tried to escape."

"Austin Blade?", I couldn't remember anyone by that name, did he help her? But why would he bring her back? Most vampires who found a slave girl would keep her, so the king would assume that she's dead.

"Kaige and Lucretia Blades son. They have a Winery.", He said flatly. I knew he was pissed because I didn't care to memorize the names of my subjects.

"Why did he bring her back? And how come I don't know him?"

"Leviathan, he is the brown haired young man that always helps around here. I sometimes wish HE was my son instead of you. So leave me now. I won't tolerate this commotion you're causing.", He said and waved me away.

Well, at least now I knew who Austin Blade was. It wasn't news though that my father was disappointed with me. I had to find him. As I stormed out of the throne room I ran into Lace.

"Why did you lock your door?", He asked.

"What is it to you? Just because you live here now, doesn't mean that you can go snooping through my stuff.", I said. I knew he asked me because he wanted to get to the slave.

"Fine. Then I will ask your father to break open the door.", He smirked.

"Alright. My father has a replica of every key. Go and ask him about it. But don't forget, she's my slave."

"Sure.", He spat and walked away.

So he wanted her. I wanted to beat him up. How dare he act like she is his property? How dare I do it?!

Still, I had to find Austin Blade.

I sent a slave to get my cloak and sent another to get my horse. After that, I rode the horse to the market place and asked the mortal peasants to show me the way to the winery. The winery looked lived in and very modest. Too ordinary for my taste though. I rode my horse through the front gate and made my way up to the entrance. A elderly slave man met me there and took my horses reins. As I climbed off my horse, the front door opened and a woman came out to greet me. I guessed that it must have been Austins mother, Lucretia Blade.

"My dear Prince Leviathan, how may I help you?", She said as she smiled at me.

"I was looking for your son, milady.", I said calmly.

"He isn't in trouble, I hope.", She murmured and turned to go back into the house.

"No, milady, He isn't.", I didn't know if she wanted me to follow her, so I just stayed where I was. After 5 minutes I was about to follow her inside when a young man stepped outside. I took my chances in assuming that he was Austin Blade.

"Austin Blade?", I asked arrogantly.

"Yes, your highness?", He answered respectfully.

"I was told that you brought my slave back. I just wanted to thank you.", I said tonelessly. And I smirked as I saw him look around nervously.

"Well, uh, yeah. I caught her trying to escape from the castle. So I, you know, thought you'd like her back.", He stammered awkwardly. Obviously he didn't expect me to 'thank' him.

"How did you know she belonged to the castle?", I asked questioningly.

"Well, uh. She was coming out of the side door that I supposed led to the dungeon.", He said testing me to see if he was right.

"Oh, well thank you.", I said and turned to my horse. I didn't expect it to be true but it must be. What fool would make up a story about a slave escaping from the dungeon? Obviously he was just nervous about being in trouble.

All of a sudden a young blond girl came rushing out, she turned to Austin and whispered something to him.

"Did he come to ask about that Samantha girl?", She whispered. But shut up as soon as I turned back to them.

"Would you care to explain?", I asked Austin. I had finally gotten him, he was caught in his own lie.

"Yes, your highness, I would. After catching her, I made my way home to ask my parents if it would be appropriate to bring her back.", He smirked.

"And why wouldn't it be appropriate? She is after all, MY slave.", I exclaimed angrily.

"Well, I thought it would be a slap into the kings face that his own guard couldn't catch a little girl.", He said and smiled devilishly.

"At least the guards would be able to throw you into a cell.", I said arrogantly.

"As you say, your highness. I am convinced they would.", He stated flatly.

I turned my back on them and got back on my horse. I looked back once more before I made my way home. But I wouldn't go back to my room. Lace and my father would surely take care of the girl. Instead I went into the library and read until I fell into peaceful sleep.