.:Chapter 26:.

*Authors Note*

Please read, comment and vote if you like.

I didn't check the spelling, though please feel free to correct me on any grammatical mistakes I might have made. Also, feel free to ask, should anything not make sense to you.

Thanks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

.:The Vampires Slave:.

.:Chapter 26:.

I felt something graze my arm, causing me to jerk awake violently. I turned to face whoever it was, only to see Batillus standing in the corner of the room.

"So this is what you've come to?", He asked, a sneer gracing his features. "You give up. You become a whore?"

"It's not as if I chose this-", I flinched at his glare. Though he was right. Letting the events with Eugene play in my mind, I sighed quietly. I hadn't given up. I was still a fighter, I still had hope. Or at least I hoped I did. Maybe if I told myself that long enough, I'd even believe it myself.

"What happened last night? Did you finally crack?"

"I.. I don't know, alright?", I stated, my glare matching his'. "I was exhausted. Both mentally and physically."

"Oh poor you.", He drawled, inspecting his nails in an arrogant manner. I felt anger rise in me though with every attempt to push it back down, it only grew in size.

"You know nothing. I don't have to explain myself to you. I am the way I am. If you don't like it, I don't care. I did not crack. I will get out of this god forsaken place. I will-", I broke off my anger fuelled rant as he began to smile.

"I'm glad to see the fire's back in your eyes.", Batillus stated softly. I continued to stare at him in confusion. My gaze wandered down to my hands, they were clenched. I unclenched them slowly, smiling as I realized how Batillus just gave me back the will to fight for my freedom and rights.

"Thank you.", I whispered quietly, smiling slightly as I watched him begin to fade. "What- What's happening?"

"I'm done. I'm free.", He stated, smiling sheepishly. "I redeemed myself."

"But.. Batillus, I need you..", I whispered as I felt tears begin to form at the corner of my eyes.

"You balance yourself pretty well. I don't think you need me anymore.", He murmured. "Help is on the way. Don't give up little one. Your knight in shining armour may be here quicker than you think."

"What do you mean?", I asked, not caring about my voice as it cracked. Tears slid down my cheeks freely now.

"The shaman women. I was able to talk to her. Your prince has been searching for you. He knows now where you're kept.", Batillus smiled as he raised a brow at me. "After all, you saved me as much as I saved you. We're finally even, love."

"Thank you, Batillus."

I watched him fade to nothingness, his words still ringing about my ears. What had he meant? My prince knows where I am? Leviathan? Could it be that, after all of this, I could finally go back home? He was coming to bring me back. Back to my remaining family. Back to my friends. Back to my live.

I jerked into a standing position as the door swung open, revealing an almost breathless prince. He gave an exhausted sigh as he saw me, his eyes lighting up almost instantly.

"There you've been hiding.", He murmured quietly, before he crossed the room to stand in front of me. I continued to stare at him, even as he lifted his arms and embraced me. I sighed quietly, returning the hug. Though it felt awkward, I then realized how bad I'd craved contact to another person. "Let's get you back to-"