.:Chapter 20:.

*Authors Note*

Please read, comment and vote if you like.

Thanks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

.:The Vampires Slave:.

.:Chapter 20:.

*Samantha's POV*

I felt the air rush by me, as I fell through the sky. Amora must have found her body, so I should be able to just become one with her. I just hoped it wouldn't be too late. For my sake. For Leviathan’s sake.

Pressing my arms to my sides, I tried to gain speed. Tears slid down my cheeks, but I felt the air brush them away, also drying the wet trails they drew. Breathing got harder, as I couldn't manage to get any air into my lungs. I tried to ignore my bodys response to the lack of air, concentrating on spotting Amora. Time seemed to have stopped as I finally spotted her. She was a few feet below me, as I extended my hand to reach her.

I wasn't sure what would actually happen, if we would really match, but I tried it anyways. I was determined to believe what Amora told me, so I just closed my eyes. My fingers finally grasped the ragged material of Amora's dress, pressing against her shoulder blade. We instantly stopped falling as a ball of light surrounded us. I didn't know what to do, so I just hung limply in the air, trying to understand what was happening. My swirling thoughts were disrupted as I gazed at Amora, then everything was white. A warm content feeling spread through me, as every nerve in my body relaxed.

As the light disappeared, the warm feeling stayed. I let my mind wander, until I realized what must have happened.

"Amora?", I asked cautiously, I was still floating in mid-air.

'Yes?', I heard Amora answer warily. Only, I didn't hear her physically. She was in my head- At least her voice was.

"Is this it?", I questioned, growing nervous. I didn't know what she expected me to do now.

'Yes, this is it.', She confirmed quietly. I sighed deeply, letting all my worries slip past my lips as I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. I flinched suddenly, as air rushed by me. 'Relax, Samantha. We'll save our Kingdom.'

*Leviathan's POV*

Batillus fumed as he ran to the edge, shouting orders as he went. Austin didn't move, his hands hanging carelessly at his side. He wore a neutral expression, as if he couldn't care less what would happen.

"You two, scour the air and the ground.", Batillus spat, pointing to two guards. "I'd rather watch them die myself."

A flash of light appeared around them, and as the light faded, white wings appeared. I frowned at them as they flew off, my mind wandering away from my heartache as I remembered the time my father told me about their 'transformation'. Back then, it was natural that they'd have white wings, like Angels. But now, white was the least fitting color. Like a blast, the heavy weight appeared to crush down my heart.

"Why are you so worried now? They're probably dead now anyways.", Austin commented. "Suppose it was a real shame that the human had to jump after her."

I growled at his remark, though I hoped Samantha had survived by some miracle. Though in the pit of my heart, I knew she didn’t survive. She couldn’t have. Sighing heavily, I bowed my head and closed my eyes.

My head shot up instantly, as gasps coursed along the crowd. A bright light appeared, looking much like a silver ball of fire as it rose. Instinctively I attempted to shield my eyes, using my hands. I squinted my eyes, trying to see the contours much clearer.

The ball hovered a few feet from the edge, before it gradually drifted towards us. Time seemed to stand still as a hand emerged from the silver bubble. Slowly, a woman stepped out, walking as graciously as a gazelle. She bore golden wings, that sparkled beautifully in the setting sun. Her body was covered in a soft red dress, accented with white mesh, that barely reached her knees, revealing her slender legs. She wore white flats, held up by golden strings around her calfs. Her arms were bare, only covered by golden bands around each wrist.

I slowly let my eyes travel up her body as they accustomed themselves to the light. Pale blonde hair  framed her, falling past her shoulders. Her face took my breath away. Her eyes first caught my attention, a beautiful green. They were rimmed by thick lashes. Her nose was slender, her lips full. She had the face of a goddess.

“I have come to save my Kingdom.”, She spoke, her musical voice ringing  out. Batillus laughed harshly, ordering his guards to fight her off.

“But don’t kill her completely, still want a little toy to play with.”, He yelled, smirking arrogantly. The woman simply lifted her hand, making a long golden rod appear. She held it firmly, taking a defensive position as the guards moved closer to her. The tip of the rod was embellished by a pair of golden wings, traced with tiny rubies. She whirled it around as the guards began to attack, knocking them unconscious.

*Samantha's POV*

We moved graciously, fighting off the guards which approached us. Batillus sent more guards at us, not caring about the lives he could be sending into death. Though each of our moves were precise, not made to cause serious pain or death.

The fight was quickly over, ending with a pile of unconscious guards at our feet. Amora growled quietly. Floating over the bodies, and landing gracefully on firm ground again, we pointed our weapon at Batillus.

“Give up now, and I will spare your life.”, We called, our joined voice drifting across the land as his laugh pierced the silence that followed it.

“Spare my life?”, He spat after his malicious laugh had faded. “You should beg me to spare your life.”

“You leave me no option.”, We told him, slowly walking towards him. He took a step back, glancing around nervously.

‘Probably to send more guards at us.’, I thought angrily. It would be just like him, to escape Death as it loomed over him by sacrificing everything so he could survive.

I sighed as our joined body continued to stalk towards him. I couldn’t feel anything but pure hatred as I looked at him. There wasn’t any pity left for this beast-like creature. Batillus watched us nervously, glancing around every few seconds to see if one of his guards would run in front of him, acting like a human- or more like a vampire- shield.

“You have brought pain and misery upon the people of this kingdom.”, We told him calmly. “Prepare to face Judgment.”

We swung our weapon at him, though he dodged the attack. Batillus quickly withdrew his sword, walking backwards to distance himself from us. With a flash of light, his wings appeared as he shot up into the air in an attempt to save himself by escaping justice.

Though he was already soaring high above the clouds, we calmly walked to Leviathan and Lace. We cut the ropes that bound them, freeing them.

“Go.”, We murmured to Leviathan as he stared at us. He nodded slowly, staggering to his feet. Leviathan turned to Lace, grimacing slightly, before he pulled him up. Leviathan half carried Lace away, seeking shelter from the danger that lurked in the sky.

With a effortless jump into the air, we took off, speeding after Batillus. And though Batillus had a head start, we soon caught up with him. He turned quickly, swinging his sword at us. He missed barely, though I gasped inwardly at how close it had been.

‘Relax, nothing bad is going to happen to us.’, Amora whispered, though it sounded as if she was talking more to herself than reassuring me.

If I would have seen what happened next in an action movie, I’d have described it as a ‘epic battle of Good versus Evil’. But seeing as I was practically in the middle of this battle, it didn’t seem too ‘epic’. I groaned inwardly at every attack he attempted, though we escaped Death in each move we made. He plunged his sword once more at us, though we swung our staff against it in defense. Batillus took every chance he got to attack, leaving us to defend, rather than attack.

“Ready to give up?”, He growled, swinging his sword at our middle. We flew back a little, though his sword still grazed our skin there. He chuckled darkly as he saw the red line he’d drawn.

“Never.”, We replied, baring our teeth as we dived in for a attack. He seemed taken aback by our statement, because he barely defended himself as we closed in on him. We flung our staff at him, though he tried to dodge the attack which he didn’t manage completely. Blood gushed from his shoulder as we smirked at his pained expression. A small part of me felt pity as I watched him grip his shoulder tightly, though it was gone as quickly as it had come.

‘Don’t feel pity for him, child.’, Amora whispered to me, as I growled in response. He lifted his sword again, attempting to plunge it into our chest. We flew higher up into the clouds, to escape. Looking around, panic made me shiver as I realized we didn’t know where exactly he was. The cloud in front of us engulfed us, and we didn’t notice as he snuck up behind us. A scream escaped out lips as he plunged his sword into our side. Batillus pulled it out quickly, laughing in satisfaction. Amora groaned, flying towards the floating Kingdom. We barely made it to the edge, dropping to the ground as pain rippled through us.

‘You’ll have to finish without me, love.’ Amora whispered weakly, before a blinding light made me close my eyes tightly. As I opened them again, I was back in my own body. I jumped to my feet, staring in disbelief down at Amora’s lifeless body. My hand flew to my side, to inspect the wound, though I found none. She’d sacrificed herself, so I could live on to complete the task. I growled loudly, not even shocked as she felt the wings still on her back.

“So it’s been you, eh?”, Batillus called, landing a few feet from her on the ground. As I turned to face him, snarling as he barked a laugh, I quickly picked up the sword that was lying on the ground next to me. “Now it’s just you, and me.”

“I will kill you.”, I spat confidently, glaring at him as I spoke. A faint glimmer of fear crossed his face, but I didn’t intend to let it distract me. I raised the sword, waiting for him to attack. I really didn’t expect to survive this, though I promised myself that I would kill this horrible creature in front of me, even if it’s the last thing I would ever do.