.:Chapter 27:.

*Authors Note*

Please read, comment and vote if you like.

Thanks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

.:The Vampires Slave:.

.:Chapter 27:.

"Three and a half months.", Leviathan whispered. It was barely audible, though I heard him clearly. I couldn't suppress a hysterical giggle, which escaped me rather quickly as tears slid down my cheeks. After all of this, after almost dying all those times, after all the pain, just to be able to get back home...
I arrived at the finish line, only to be told the race was over.

"Your father is looking for you.", We heard someone say. Turning to the door, we only saw a flustered looking maid standing there. "He's in the courtyard.."

"Go and tell him I'll be right there.", Leviathan stated. He watched her walk away, before he turned to me. "Is it alright if I go?"

"You're a prince, and you're asking me if it's alright?", I chuckled slightly, still unsure of the feelings rolling around inside of me. "Yes, it's alright."

"I'll be back as soon as possible.", He muttered as he left. "You'll be fine, Samantha."

Was I fine? I doubted it. Would I be fine? I doubted that more.
After all these past months, I really didn't know what to do anymore. My main objective was to get back home. Though that wasn't an option anymore. I didn't know what to feel. I didn’t know what was to be expected of me now. What was I to do after all of this?

"I'll be fine.", I whispered quietly, willing myself to believe. Maybe there was a way to undo this.

"Are you alright?", Leviathan asked as he came back, looking worried before he sat down across from me again.

"I think so. I don't know though.", I answered honestly. No sense trying to talk it pretty. "Is- I mean, would there be a way to undo this?"

"Well-", He started slowly, though he frowned as he saw my hopeful stare. "There isn't. The magic which is infused with that portal, wasn't meant to be something you could undo if anybody missed their due date. It's there for a reason. And honestly, we've never had anybody miss theirs."

"Figures.", I whispered to myself. He gave me a small apologetic smile, before I walked back to the room I woke up in. I tried to suppress the butterflies fluttering wildly in my stomach. I could almost see the sincerity in his eyes when he smiled at me. Maybe staying here, with him- I quickly dismissed that thought. I quickly reminded myself how he'd treated me when I arrived here the first few days. I cringed, as I heard a small voice in my head object. True, he did save me from a fate much worse only yesterday. And apparently he'd been searching for me for a while now. Maybe he was sincere, but he wasn't my knight in shining armor. The whole damsel in distress getting saved by her true love was nonsense anyways. There was no such thing as love. I frowned as I looked out of my window. Since when had I become such a grumpy little thing?

"Knock knock?", I heard Lace mutter as he stood in the open doorway. "Is it safe to come in?"

"Why wouldn't it be save?", I asked, lifting my eyebrow at him as he grinned sheepishly.

"Don't know.", He answered simply as he walked in. Without a moments hesitation he swiftly dumped his entire length on my bed. "Didn't want to interrupt your depressing little scene there."

"Excuse me?", I snapped almost epically. I placed my hands on my hips as I began to glare at him. "There was no such thing as a depressing little scene here."

"If you say so.", He muttered quietly. I was about to snap back sarcastically, when I saw him lift his coat a bit to pull out a book. I continued to stare at him, though, as he calmly started to read.

"Don't you have your own room?", I asked grimly.

"Well, now that you mention it, I do have my own room.", Lace stated matter-of-factly. "I'll just be on my way now."

"Don't go.", I nearly shouted it. I didn't really want to be alone.. I frowned as I saw him grin before he continued reading. "You didn't even mean to go, did you?"

"Now that you ask, no. No, I wasn't."

"You can be an idiot, you know that?", I asked as I grinned at him.

"So I've been told.", He retorted. I shivered slightly as a small wave of cold air rolled into my room. Walking over to the door, I closed it quietly, though it sprang open again. "You want to talk about it?"

"About what?"

"About what you're going to do now. I mean the whole castle's practically buzzing with the news of the human girl who missed her due date.", He explained as he sat up. I shrugged, before I slowly padded over to the bed.

"It's awful Lace. I can't go back to my father now. For crying out loud, I can't even go back to my dog. For all it's worth, they'll just stare at me emptily because they don't recognise me anyways.", I muttered as I picked at my nails.

"You had a dog?", Lace stared at me, his expression almost comical as his mouth hung open.

"Yeah. She's beautiful. A Newfoundland.", I smiled as I remembered her. "I miss her so much. I miss everything."

"It's alright to miss her.", He muttered as he patted my back. I gave him a small smile before I felt him yank his hand back. I looked up, surprised to see Leviathan standing in the doorway.

"Hey.", I mumbled quietly as he glared at Lace. I turned to look at Lace, though his expression was neutral as he got up and left. "You didn't have to scare him away."

"I didn't scare him away.", Leviathan grumbled as he walked over to the window.

"Come on. You were glaring at him as if you meant for him to explode.", I stated as I watched him.

"I wasn't.", He protested grimly. Though before I could say anything, he continued speaking. "I do have some news for you."

"News?", I immediately brightened as thoughts of getting home after all tumbled throughmy head. "I can go home?"

"I told you that wasn't possible.", He murmured as he sat down next to me. I felt tears rising as I turned to look away. "Are you hungry?"

I shook my head. The last thing I wanted was to eat right now. Though I honestly couldn't remember the last time I actually ate something. I felt his fingertips lifting my chin, forcing me to look into his eyes as he smiled sadly. There wasn't any way to deny the sincerity I saw in them now, though there was something else there too, something I didn't know what to call. I unconciously licked my lips, causing his eyes to dart to my lips. I almost felt a gravitational pull between us as we both started to lean in. My breathing was almost nonexistant as he moved his hand to my cheek. My heartbeats slowed down as my mind went blank.The only thing still cruising through my head was to get closer to him. Inches slowly gave way to us as we could feel each others hot breaths on our faces. Time seemed to stand still as he tilted my head to meet his.

The kiss was unlike anything I ever could have imagined. It wasn't overly intense. It wasn't blinding with power. I was just a kiss. Though it didn't matter that it was the best kiss I had up until now. Though I had to admit, it did feel rather nice kissing him. His lipes moved silkily over mine, giving it a unrealistik edge. For crying out loud, how realistic was kissing a vampire?

"I'm sorry.", He murmured as we parted. "I wish I could just send you back to your old life. You don'T know how it pains me to see you like this."

"It's alright. There's nothing we can do.", I muttered quietly. His hand was still on my cheek, making me revel in its unusual warmth.

"We can actually give you a new Identity though. You can go back to your world, just not as you.", He explained quietly. " I don'T want you to be trapped here in my world."

"I know.", I stated. I slowly turned my back to him, before I quickly leaned back and nestled myself into his chest. He hugged me softly, his thumbs stroking lazy circles across my hands. "How will we do this Identity thing?"

"We just have to come up with a background story, a name and an occupation. The rest will be done by my fathers team.", He murmured. I smiled as I felt his chest rumble softly underneath me back as he spoke.

"Alright. Let's do this.", I stated, smiling brightly up at him. He gave me an adoring look before he quickly got up, pulling me along with him in the process.