Chapter 7

The Vampires Slave

Chapter 7

The faint sunshine flowing through the window above the couch woke me slowly. I sat up and stretched my arms a little, blinking a few times. The princes bed was empty, I didn't think that he slept there last night. I didn't care, he could get hit by a train and I'd only applaud. I really wish I was still at Austins place but, I knew why I was here. This was my ticket home.

The door slowly opened and a young girl walked in. She looked pretty much my age, I couldn't tell if she was human or not, though. She had gray eyes and her hair was a unnatural shade of yellow. She pretty much looked like Barbie. She had a tray with her, and for some reason she didn't look too excited about me.

"Here's your food.", She said tonelessly and handed me the tray.

"Thank you.", I muttered and looked at the content of the tray.

"Yeah, whatever...", She mumbled as she walked out. I could swear I heard something being mumbled, that sounded like 'whore' but, I couldn't be sure. Obviously she wasn't a happy camper.

When I finally set the tray on the floor next to the couch, I noticed how my wrists still hurt some. I pushed the blanket aside and went to the bathroom. I didn't know when the prince or whoever would come to check on me, so I only washed my hair, face, and arms. I really wasn't in the mood to be caught naked by freaks. Well, except for Lace, he seemed pretty nice. I wondered what his relation to the prince was. Maybe they were brothers. I towel dried my hair and tried to untangle it with my fingers. When I finished, I went back to the couch and tried to fold the blanket as best as I could. It was huge, it looked like a circus tent. When it was folded, I laid it over the side of the couch, taking the pillow and leaning it against the blanket. Then I turned to the tray.

There was orange juice, milk, bread, butter, cheese, and a sliced tomato. I ate and drank most of it, I didn't know when my next meal would be. They seemed eager to keep me from starvation but you never knew.

I put the tray back on the floor and looked around. I guess they got the concept of living from my world. Even though the clothes still were medieval looking. I guess the king liked to add different styles together.

Austin said that the portal was somewhere here in the castle. I could just put on my shoes and search for the portal. But the king, the prince and that Drakkar guy knew me, I was supposed to stay in here. I guess I could sneak around and search for it. But it would kill my chances of ever getting back if they caught me. Maybe Lace would help me.

The door opened again and Lace walked in, followed by the girl that brought me my food. I guess the courtesy of knocking first before entering didn't apply to slaves.

"Nathalie, take the empty tray back to the kitchen.", He told her.

"Yes, sir.", She said, as she walked to me in front of him, I could see her shaking her ass like a crazy person. I guess someone here liked Lace. She bent down in slow motion, took the tray and swung her head as if we were shooting a shower commercial when she got back up. Then she turned and walked out.

"Where did the prince go? Did he die?", I asked hopefully. Lace chuckled, and when he did, small dimples showed themselves as he broke out in a grin. They seemed sort of cute.

"Haha, no. I don't know where he went to but, if he was dead, we'd know.", He said, smashing my hopes nonetheless.

"How are you related to him?"

"We're cousins. The king was my mothers bigger brother. I'm an orphan, that's why I live here too.", He explained with a sad expression.

"I'm sorry.", I mumbled, pictures of my mothers death flooding my mind.

"So, how is your family?", He asked after a while. I knew he was trying his best to make some conversation.

"Uh, I'm an only child. Just me and my father.", I answered, trying to let the conversation die slowly.

"And you mother? What does she do?", Lace asked, keeping the conversation alive.

"She's dead.", I said flatly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I only thought.. Well, I'm sorry.", He said finally. "What's your name anyways?"

"My name is Samantha."

"Well. Samantha, My name is Lace.", Lace said and took my hand.

"I know, the prince yelled it yesterday."

"Yeah, it's his way of introducing people...", He said smiling sheepishly.

"Haha, sure.", I said while laughing. Lace was nice. Maybe he could just help me get away from here.

"I'm glad you got out.", He said finally.

"What?"

"I'm glad you got out of the cell alright.", He said, while staring out of the window.

"Uh, I don't know what you're talking about...", I said and got up. I started walking to the window and back.

"Yes you do. After all, I gave you the key. Where did you go anyways? And why are you back here now?"

"I have to stay here.", I said staring out at the houses in the distance.

"No, you don't. You could leave. I would help you escape."

"No. And I think you should go now.", I said, still not looking away from the window.

"Well, let me know when you want to leave.