.:Epilogue:.

• Dedicated to Paolo Gjonaj

*Authors Note*

So, this is actually the last part. I'm kind of sad about this story being done. Though I'm also somewhat relieved. I really like how this turned out.

I'm going to edit this as soon as I have time, seeing as the first few chapters have a rough edge to them in comparison to the newer ones.

I hope you guys enjoyed the story.

Thanks for reading, fanning and voting.

Oh, and Happy New Year.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

.:The Vampires Slave:.

.:Epilogue:.

Everything was perfect. The sunny sky up ahead, the shining sun above our heads; it was beautiful. I felt the suns warmth spread through me as I stepped out of a trees shadow. I heard children laugh in the distance, causing me to smile at their merry sounds.

I continued to walk through the sunny fields, letting my hands graze over the high grass as I walked. The grass wasn't hot as I'd expected it, it was cool. Walking along the sea of greens, I frowned as I suddenly heard a loud beeping noise. Though I didn't exactly expect the fall which followed.

I sat up quietly, leaning against my bed as I rubbed my sleepy eyes. A gaze to my window confirmed my dread. The snowflakes were lightly tapping against my window as it drifted down from above. I crawled back into my bed, willing myself to return to my warm fantasy. Though instead of warm fields, my door bell beeped again.

A small growl escaped my lips, grabbing my bathrobe I slowly tiptoed down the wooden stairs leading to my door as I pulled it on. Opening the door, I continued to growl as a gust of wind pushed some snow from outside against my naked toes.

"Hannah Gray?", A man in a bright yellow uniform asked me. I smiled at his cheery demeanor. He held a small tablet in one hand, and a box in his other.

"Yes, can I help you?", I asked as he continued to smile cheerily.

"Just delivering a packet. I'll need your signature.", He told me as he handed me the box. He held out the tablet for me, along with a pen. I quickly scribbled my name onto it before handing back the pen. "Thank you. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas.", I whispered as I watched him stomp back to his car. I quickly shut the door as I waddled into my living room. I frowned as I gazed at the calendar. Sure enough, it was the 24th of December.

A small frown creased my features as I thought about what my father would be doing this christmas. Maybe he'd found a new wife. Maybe he had a new family now. I shook my head, trying to rid myself of those thoughts. That wasn't me anymore. I was Hannah Gray, 18 year old Orphan from Seattle. Though I sometimes wished I'd not remember my old life.

I sat down on my couch, slowly opening the box. There wasn't anything on it except for my name and my address. I slipped it open, smiling as I pulled out a bag of store bought cookies and a note.

'Dearest Hannah,

You know I'm not much of a cook,

so instead of having you die from food

poisoning by my baking skills this season,

have some cookies I bought just for you.

After all, it's the thought which counts, isn't it?