CHAPTER 29 - Sports Fest (1)

The obstacle course had ended after two hours of endless running for the students. Before the race, the teachers in the broadcast room had explained that the first twenty people to pass the finish line would be the ones to proceed to the next day.

"THE OBSTACLE RACE HAS OFFICIALLY ENDEEEEEDDD!!! The twentieth person has passed and the results have been put up!!! I will now read the names of the twenty people who have successfully gained a place in the second round!" Present Mic shouted making the audience cheer. They were certainly glad that the extremely long race had ended. The students were even happier since they had been forced to run longer than ten miles.

"In first place, we have Bakugou Katsuki from class A!" Lots of cheers could be seen and heard for the aggressive teen while he huffed triumphantly. He had almost lost to "the shitty nerd" so his sense of victory was even greater.

"In second place, Midoriya Izuku and in third place, Todoroki Shoto! Both from class A!"

'The whole list:

1. Bakugou Katsuki (2-A): 200p

2. Midoriya Izuku (2-A): 190p

3. Todoroki Shoto (2-A): 180p

4. Tokoyami Fumikage (2-A): 170p

5. Honenuki Juzo (2-B): 160p

6. Shiozaki Ibara (2-B): 150p

7. Iida Tenya (2-A): 140p

8. Shishida Jurota (2-B): 130p

9. Tsuyu Asui (2-A): 120p

10. Hanta Sero (2-A): 110p

11. Yaoyorozu Momo (2-A): 100p

12. Uraraka Ochako (2-A): 90p

13. Shinso Hitoshi (2-B): 80p

14. Kirishima Eijiro (2-A): 70p

15. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu (2-B): 60p

16. Jiro Kyoka (2-A): 50p

17. Ashido Mina (2-A): 40p

18. Kaminari Denki (2-A): 30p

19. Shoji Mezo (2-A): 20p

20. Monoma Neito (2-B): 10p'

All the students were panting and many had fallen to the ground while our one and only Pikachu was wondering how he placed before Shoji whom he considered being one of the strongest in their class. Well, the answer is simple. His quirk didn't work very well with cliffs. He probably wouldn't have made it if the last obstacle wasn't an artificial lake with a diameter of four hundred meters.

Ochako had fallen to the ground due to overexerting her quirk too much. She was feeling very dizzy and nauseous. Izuku who was congratulated by his good friend, Iida, noticed his girlfriend lying on the ground. He saw that the girls from their class had surrounded her, trying to help her, so the greenette swiftly jogged to her side.

The girls moved a bit to the side, making way for Izuku and allowing him to kneel down beside her. He noticed that the color had drained from Ochako's face and she was panting heavily. "Ochako... Are you okay? Do you want me to take you to Recovery Girl?" he asked as he furrowed his brows.

"I'm okay," Ochako answered after taking her boyfriend's hand and sitting up. "You know how I get when I force myself too much." Her words didn't make Izuku worry less. He was rubbing her right cheek with his thumb. "You worry too much Izuku," Ochako claimed as she stood up with help from the teenaged boy.