CHAPTER 23 - Prince Izuku

"You have to be kidding me... HOW?! WHEN?! WHO?!" 

"I know right!?" Amelia almost screamed at her brother. How did anyone have the time to spread such a rumor overnight? 

"What I don't get is why they've based an article on a sourceless rumor," Ochako stated as she sat down on the side of her boyfriend's bed. The brunette was very calm while Amelia, who had nothing to do with the article, was fuming with anger.

"Calm down, Amelia." Her brother said in a low voice. Screaming and complaining wouldn't help their situation. The best thing to do at moments like these, in Izuku's opinion, was to calm down and think carefully about what they could possibly do.

"But this isn't the first time! These gossip magazines are getting on my nerves!" the blonde huffed and puffed until she calmed down and sat down beside Ochako. Ochako looked at the older girl in confusion.

"This has happened before as well?" Ochako asked, making eye contact with the princess. The princess seemed to hesitate if she should tell or not. You didn't usually see the intelligent girl hesitate whether it'd be heroic activities, or schoolwork, so this was an unusual sight.

"...yeah. It has." she paused a bit before continuing. "The same rumor spread about me not too long ago." she explained as the couple's eyes widened in shock. How could this happen to someone like Amelia? She's a super careful person who never has anything bad said about her. Well, it wasn't neccesarily a bad thing, but it was something that others could take advantage of.

"I-I hung out with a friend, and all of a sudden all these rumors spread about us dating and he potentially being the future king and all... We denied the rumors immediately, but it took a while for everything to settle down. Even now some people are still talking about it." Izuku and Ochako didn't know what to say. Izuku sympathized with his sister while Ochako realized how hard it was for young people their age to be royalty. They couldn't even hang out with friends without all sorts of rumors spreading about them.

"I'm glad everything is resolved now." Ochako said. "But you could at least deny the rumor. The rumor about me and Izuku is true, so what should we do?" Ochako started to become nervous. The rumor about Amelia took a long time to die down, even if it was fake. In our case, the rumor is true, so how long will it take for everything to settle down?

Izuku seeing the discomfort in his girlfriend's eyes, started speaking again, trying his best to calm her down. "Don't worry Ochako. I'm sure everything will be fine. My dad is very good at controlling the masses." he said as he rubbed Ochako's soft hand.

"I'll go inform father of this. Besides, it seems like you lovebirds need some alone-time. The first step to do to resolve everything will be you guys deciding whether you want to go public or not." Amelia smirked as she waved and went out. Ochako waved back with a small smile and they watched as the blonde girl exited the room.

The brown-haired girl took a deep breath to calm her nerves while the boyfriend simply watched her with a small smile.

"Ochako..." he started, making the girl turn toward him. "I don't want you to feel pressured about announcing our relationship. I don't care if we announce it tomorrow or in three years, as long as you feel ready." Izuku explained as he was putting Ochako's hair behind her ear, which made her blush.

"I don't care about that either. Besides, we agreed to date with the intention of getting married anyway, didn't we?" she said before giggling a bit. 

"Okay then." Izuku said as he gave the brunette his biggest smile. "I really love you Ochako."

The brunette blushed. "Where did that come from?" she nervously asked. Izuku simply chuckled before he leaned in and gave her a short kiss.