27

Clarkes POV

I opened the door to see Luna, looking very worried. She tried to smile but I could tell how worried she was.

"What's wrong?" I asked, because clearly something was wrong.

"It's Lexa." Luna said, and my heart sunk. I knew it had something to do with Finn even before he told me. "Finn took her. He shot her, tried to kill her."

I held a hand over my mouth, trying to stop the sobs that I could feel building up inside me. My eyes were wide as I looked at Luna. After a moment, I took my hand away from my mouth.

"Where is she?"

"The hospital." Luna said.

"I'm coming." I said. Luna nodded and waited while I ducked back inside the house to change as fast as I could. Mum stopped me as I went to the door.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Lexas in the hospital." I felt the tears in my eyes. "I need to go."

Mum nodded, knowing that she couldn't stop me.

"I'll come and see you later." She promised. "She'll be okay Clarke."

I ran out of the door and Luna drove us to the hospital. She parked quickly and we hurried through the big double doors. Luna gave Lexas name to the lady at the desk, asking to see her.

"I'm sorry dear." She said. "Miss Lexa Woods is in surgery right now. She won't be out for a few hours. You can wait in the waiting room, or come back later."

"Thanks." Luna muttered, before turning around and walking to the waiting room. I followed her and sat down in the seat to her left. Luna leaned forward and buried her face in her hands, her body shaking with sobs.

I felt the fear bubble up inside me, fear that Lexa might not be okay. Even though I knew Luna probably needed space, I had to ask her.

"Do you know how bad she is?" I asked quietly. Luna looked up, her face tear-stained.

"Not good." She said hoarsely, and my body suddenly felt colder. "She was shot in the upper stomach. The ambulance people said she might die." Her voice broke. I pulled her into a hug, wrapping my arms around her back.

Luna hugged me tightly, her tears dripping onto my shoulder. I didn't care.

"Thank you for being here." She whispered.

"Of course." I said. "I'm not going anywhere."

"I can see why Lexa likes you so much." Luna leaned back and wiped her eyes. "You're perfect for each other."

I blushed and nodded, looking at my feet. Luna sighed and leaned back in her chair, closing her eyes. We sat for hours, and nothing changed. Lexa was in surgery for a long time. I called my house a few times to check in, and also called Octavia and Raven to let them know.

It was six at night by the time we had any news. The lady at the front desk came over, and Luna sat up straight as she approached.

"She's out of surgery." She said. I sighed in relief, that must mean she'll be okay. "She seemd to be stable for now. Doctors worry that she lost too much blood. She'll be her for a while."

"Can I see her?" Luna asked, already standing up. The lady nodded.

"As long as you don't stay too long." She said. "On the second floor, room 13."

"Thank you." Luna said and then we both stood. We couldn't walk, and we almost jogged up the stairs to rom 13. Quietly, Luna pushed open the door. Lexa lay in a hospital bed, hooked up to a few machines. Her eyes were open.

"Hey." She whispered, her vocie hoarse. Luna and I rushed to her side. "You guys stayed?"

"We weren't going anywhere." I reached out and took her hand, holding it gently. Luna nodded, a tear sliding down her cheek. Her phone suddenly rang again.

"I'll be right back." She apologised, stepping out of the room.

"Thank you." Lexa whispered.

"For what?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"Everything." She sighed. "I've put too much on you."

"No you haven't. I'll always be here to help." I insisted. Lexa smiled, her fingers gently sqeuuzing my hand.

"Clarke." She murmured. "It might be too soon to say this, but I think I love you." 

"I think I love you too." I whispered back, a tear sliding down my cheek. Lexa smiled, and I leaned forward to gently kiss her. We were in our own bubble of happiness, completely in our own little world.