Chapter 18: I love you, please don't leave me

Chapter 18

I slumped in the couch, my hand propping up my head and listened as they bickered about who Carson would choose and who was a better this and who was a better that. It was so bloody annoying!

I watched them from behind half closed eyes, some were sitting in his couch, one leaned against the wall and two were messing with his picture frames; I was so tempted to tell them to just stop touching his stuff and get the fuck out.

They didn’t belong here, I couldn’t wait for Carson to finish his meeting with the council and send them packing so we could get on with our lives. What annoyed me the most was the fact that when he was around  them they acted to decent, so perfect and as soon as he left they reverted back to their true selves; the animals.

Okay so maybe I wasn’t being fair, it’s not like they were being awful or anything, most of them were actually quite nice from what I could see but the fact that they’d come to steal my man made me hate their guts.

“What are you to him anyway?”

I looked up at her because she’d so obviously addressed me. It was the one who’d introduced herself first; legs. That’s what I called her in my mind.

I shrugged in answer.

“Well you obviously know him so do you mind me asking, who do you think he’ll choose? I mean of course he won’t do anything before the actual competition, but who here looks like his type?” she asked again, this time with a huge grin, as if I was gonna say she was his type. Pulease!

“You’d have to ask him that.” I answered again.

“Ah come on, you must have some idea, haven’t you ever seen him with women? What’s the usual type?”

I was getting annoyed now. The thought of Carson with women put me on edge.

“Like I said, I don’t know and in any case, this is a competition right? It really wouldn’t be fair if I told you anything.” I said this with a look of disgust and I could tell I’d insulted her.

 Ignoring the twinge in my chest I pushed up off the chair and went to stand by the window, choosing to tune them out and ‘enjoy’ the view.

I’d probably been standing there for about fifteen minutes and was seriously thinking of throwing them out myself when Carson came. When he walked through the door all was silent.

“Hello again ladies, I’ve had a place prepared for you to stay, if you’d just accompany Murphy here, he’ll take you there.” He said gesturing to one of the guard’s who was standing behind him.

They all piled out, some giving him seductive looks before they left and I had to roll my eyes.

“Why are they getting a place, shouldn’t they be on their way back to where ever the hell they came from?” I asked annoyed.

He crossed the room and sat down in the couch I’d been sitting in before then proceeded to take off his shoes. He hadn’t answered my question and I felt an odd twinge in the region of my heart.

Dear Lord please don’t let this mean they’re staying.

“Are you gonna answer me?” I asked, slightly apprehensive.

He leaned back in the chair and looked at me, his eyes boring into mine.

“The council recruited them from all over the world, nine girls from nine different countries, which means I  can’t just send them back after they’ve gone through all this trouble-“