Chapter 3: Mine

Chapter 3

(Carson's POV)

The words I had spoken to him that night a week ago played over and over in my mind as I stood watching him from my bedroom window. He was leaning against the north wall in the courtyard, head down, hands in his pockets. He looked dejected, almost like he'd given up and my heart ached at the sight. I had done this to him.

Me. With my selfish demands and my cruel words.

They say you always hurt the ones you love but I never dreamed that I'd hurt him.

Not him.

Anyone but him.

I remember when I used to watch him from afar, too afraid to speak to him lest I say the wrong thing or scared him away, because I knew that back then he had been afraid of me. He was still afraid of me and it was my fault.

My hands clenched into fists at the thought of what I'd done to him. I had just been so angry, so hurt by what he'd said. Now that I looked back on it, my actions seemed hasty and childish. Of course he didn't have a girlfriend, he had just been scared so he said the first thing that came to him and I had reacted like a fool, threatening to hurt him, using my title as Alpha to force him into submission.

I continued to stare at him remembering the anguish I had seen in his eyes when I had told him he couldn't have a relationship with anyone. I had never seen such pain. Sighing, I rested my head on the window, my heart heavy.

I had to make this right.

There was no way I could tell him that he was my mate, the customary laws of the pack forbade such relations and not even I, the Alpha could go against that binding rule, but I had to make him see that I wasn't the monster he thought I was. I needed him to look at me with those beautiful hazel eyes and tell me he forgave me, I needed to see him smile, like I needed to breathe.

Yet I knew that I wouldn't release him from my orders. I didn't want him in a relationship. I couldn't stand the thought of someone touching him, loving him, making him happy. That was my job, he was mine.

Mine.

I turned away from the window. I had a meeting to host, after which, I'd make him see that he did indeed belong to me...

AUTOR'S NOTES

NOW BEFORE YOU ROAST ME ALIVE, YES I'M AWARE THAT IT'S SHORT...IT WASN'T A MISTAKE, I'M NOT LOSING MY MIND, I JUST WANTED IT THIS WAY BUT DON'T WORRY, NO OTHER CHAPTER WILL BE THIS SHORT. SO...

SHoUt OuTs: To Loveanimea an amazing fan and Goldielou an awesome reader! Thanks for your support guys <3

SO LEMME KNOW WAT YOU THINK OTHER ThAN THAT IT'S A SHORT CHAPTER :P...SIGH IMMA GET SO MUCH HATE OVER THIS LOL..ENJOY- DoUbLeZoNe

⭐️ For sneak peeks, posting dates, updates and more, Follow me on Instagram: doublezone_books

-unedited