Chapter 21: Where's Carson?

Chapter 21

~Laken’s POV~

Was I being cruel?

Did I do something wrong when I used the mind I have to make this decision?

Is it so wrong to want to experience something for myself?

Let’s get one thing straight here. I love and respect Carson, finding out that he’s my mate made me happier than I thought possible. I know I’m lucky I certainly don’t need anyone to spell it out for me but can you blame me for being insulted every time he ordered me around?

We’re lovers, friends, mates why am I still being ordered to do this and do that after everything we’ve been through? I’m torn up about disobeying him but I refuse to live my life based on what others force me to do, I want to make my own mistakes, enjoy my own experiences and make my own decisions.

It was these thoughts that pretty much followed me around all day. We’d gotten to the hotel about three hours before and since the workshop wouldn’t be until tomorrow Lucas had said that we could do our shopping today so we were at the mall and we were all expected to meet back at 6pm for dinner.

“You’ve been sulking ever since you got off the phone, what’s up with you?

I looked over at Lyla who had paused in her sifting through dresses on the clothes rack and was now looking at me with concern.

“I feel kinda guilty for what I did, I’ve disobeyed him so often.” I mumbled dropping my head on her shoulder.

“You realize the word you just used? Disobeyed… he’s supposed to be your mate not your ruler and the only way listening to his ‘orders’ is gonna be fair to you is if he listens to yours too.” She said patting my head gently.

“Take Lucas for instance, you don’t see him ordering you around, you could probably be free as a bird with him, it looks to me like he’s the type of person to drop everything to do what you want, letting a guy that in love get away isn’t wise.” She said seriously.

I still wasn’t really sure when she’d gone from being obsessed with me and Carson as a couple to being crazy about me and Lucas as a couple.

“Carson’s coming here.” I announced, straightening up from my uncomfortable position.

“What?! When?”

“I don’t know he just said he’ll get here soon, could be today or maybe tomorrow who knows.”

“Why though?”

“Because he has a ‘bad feeling’ about this trip, I’m just worried about what he’ll do when he finds out about the sleeping arrangements, I’m thinking he’ll either beat me to a pulp or tear Lucas’ head off…or both.” I chuckled half believing what I was saying.

“Okay well he’s not here yet and the sleeping arrangements had nothing to do with you so let’s just enjoy the shopping while we can ok…omg just look at that jacket!” she squealed then tore through the aisle to get to it.

“This is like the cutest thing ever!” she enthused hugging it to her chest.

I had to admit it really was cute. My eye caught the price tag and my eyes widened.

“Lyla the thing cost a fortune!”

“I know and isn’t it worth every penny? I looove Canada!”

I shook my head, well when your mom was a doctor and your father was a lawyer getting expensive stuff certainly wouldn’t be a big deal.