Chapter 26: Gather your arms men it's time for War!

Chapter 26

I shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot. My hands were trembling so badly I had to clasp them tightly behind my back. This was not going to go well. Carson looked down at me and I pleaded with him using my eyes, not to do it, but he only smiled; a warm and gentle smile that I really didn’t want to see at the moment.

“I have lied to you all and for that I apologize. I’ve decided it’s in everyone’s best interest that I tell you all…I have found my mate.” Carson announced and my eyes flashed to his face once more.

Mumblings and shouts of delight went up in the crowd and I swallowed hard.

“I actually found my mate before I became Alpha but fearing the consequences for us I decided to keep it from you; my family.” His gaze ran over the faces in the crowd before he continued, “Laken is my mate and I’ll be completing the mating ceremony with him when the time comes.” He announced.

I froze on the spot as all eyes travelled to me. You always read in books that when people hear shocking news their mouths hang open, but I can honestly say I’ve never actually seen it until now.

There was silence in the pack as all tried to process Carson’s words. For once I didn’t hear mumbling or whispers, just silence. I looked up at Carson who took my hand in his and squeezed gently and I fought the urge to pull away under the scrutiny of the pack.

“If this is a joke son, it aint funny.” I flinched when I heard my dad’s voice in the crowd. I couldn’t look at him and so I turned my eyes to my feet.

“No joke Michael. Your son is my mate and I love him. I will lead this pack with him by my side.” Carson said firmly.

“Bullshit! I won’t be ruled by a couple a queers!” a voice shouted up to us and I felt Carson tense beside me.

A chorus of voices went up affirming the declaration and I felt the tears gather in my eyes. This was going exactly how I expected, the only thing left now was for the broken bottles and flaming pitch forks to go up as they chased us out of the camp.

“Well that’s unfortunate considering the fact that this queer,” he gestured to himself, “has been ruling over you for months now and no one seemed to have a problem with it until I decided to make this announcement.” Carson said through gritted teeth.

“Laken get over here, I won’t stand for this!” my father shouted. I looked up to where he stood, unable to meet his eyes then pulled my hand out of Carson’s only to have him grip my shoulder, making it virtually impossible for me to leave. I looked up at him, but he was staring at my father, his expression angry.

“No, he’s not going anywhere. It doesn’t matter what you won’t stand for Michael. He’s your son, my mate and you’re going to have to accept that.”

“Like hell I will! I’m not letting-“

“Michael just shut up, Laken has found his mate and I’m fine with it.” My mom spoke up.

I looked at her in shock and my father’s expression mirrored mine. In all my years- which haven’t been very many- I’ve never heard my mother talk to my father like that. I couldn’t believe she was on my side!

I was equally surprised when I heard a great number of members agree with her as well, however this caused a huge argument to rise up and now everybody was pretty much shouting at ever body else.

“We can’t accept this, this is outrageous!.” Another voice shouted.

“This is the leader we have as role models to our children?!” and another.