Epilogue

It's been a few months since the whole Hawkins Lab ordeal. Life was going back to normal. I was starting to hang out with Jonathan more frequently than last year, but he has also been spending more time with Nancy, his girlfriend. With all my extra free time, I was starting to hang out with Steve more and more. 

Ever since our babysitting escapade we've grown insanely close. Like Jonathan level close. That's why we were currently in his room and I was helping him fill out job applications. 

"Remind me why you need a job again." I said flipping through a magazine on his bed. 

"I told you, my dad wants me to get a job to teach me about responsibility or something. He also said that I have to get a job because I still haven't gotten into a college yet and graduation is in like three weeks." Steve explained again. 

"God, I told you, you're gonna get in somewhere. Trust me." I said trying to ease his mind. 

"Can you please just help me with these?" He asked desperately trying to keep all the applications separated. 

"Ok, so you're going to apply everywhere in the Star Court Mall." I stated and he nodded.

"There's a lot of opportunity in a new place. Plus, I can flirt while I work. Chicks love shopping." He shrugged and I scoffed. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing, it's just that sounded a lot like the old Steve." I joked.

"Hey, I need to get over Nancy and the best way to do that is to meet and date new people." He said and I nodded agreeing with him. 

"Ok, so what job would hire a high school graduate with absolutely no relevant experience in anything except fighting interdimensional creatures?" I asked sarcastically.

"Ha ha. Very funny." He said as I picked up an application for Scoops Ahoy.

"What about this place? They're offering a little above minimum wage and I bet you'd look so adorable in the uniform." I teased.

"Above minimum wage?" He asked not addressing the other part of my statement.

"Yep." I answered. 

"Let's focus on that one." He said throwing the other papers away from him. 

"Ok, so name... Steven Harrington. Age... 18. Skills... I can't think of any." I joked and he took the application out of my hands. 

"I got it. I'm just gonna fill it out with crap that looks good." He said starting to write down random shit. "I still think you should apply too. We could work together." He suggested. 

"I would, but I already have a job. And I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna get promoted soon. Plus, my boss loves me." I said knowing that I couldn't leave my job. 

"Fine. I just wish we could hang out more. Once I get this job our hang out time is gonna be cut in like half." He complained.

"Yeah, but then you can start buying movie tickets with your own money and be independent from your dad." I said trying to find the silver lining. 

"I guess you're right." He shrugged.

"Plus, I can visit you while you work and you can give me free ice cream. And I can make fun of you in your ridiculous outfit." I said smirking. 

"That's only if I get the job." He said stressing out. 

"You're gonna get it. Any idiot with an arm can scoop ice cream. They'll hire you because you have charisma and a good attitude. Plus you'll bring in all the teenage girl customers." I said returning to my magazine. 

"I guess you're right." He said. 

"Of course I'm right. Now let's go see how far they are on construction of the new mall." I said slapping the magazine down.

"Alright, I'll drive." He said grabbing his keys and heading to the door as I followed.