4.9: The Piggyback

November 1985...

It was a quiet winter night in Hawkins, Indiana. Nothing was out of the ordinary, except maybe the two teenagers that were in the Forrest Hills Trailer park. I happened to be one of said teenagers and Edward Munson was the other. I was enjoying our "study" sessions a lot. I always had the intention of helping the boy study, but it always ended up the same way ever since the first time. It was currently the end of one of our sessions and we were cuddled under his blankets on his bed in a content silence. 

"So, do you want to smoke a little?" Eddie asked with a mischievous smirk. 

"Eddie, I told you that I don't smoke. Besides, isn't it like a drug dealer rule for you to not get high on your own supply?" I questioned sarcastically.

"Technically, it's not my supply. I purchase my own recreational drugs separate from the ones that I sell." He pointed out with his finger raised to try to make a point. 

"Oh, well, in that case." I joked and he rolled his eyes. 

"Well, do you want to hang out or something?" He asked as I sat up from my laying position to try to find my clothes. 

"Isn't that what we just did?" I asked as I located my shirt and pants and started putting them on. 

"I'm serious, Frankie. I would actually like to get to know the person that I've been sleeping with." He stated honestly making a grand gesture with his hands. 

"I think you know me a lot better than you think you do." I said as I gathered my study materials that were thrown around the room. 

"All I know is that you have a birth mark on your left hip." He said pointing to my hip.

"See, you know things." I said trying to get out of this conversation knowing that I had plans with Steve and Robin that I needed to get to. 

"Please, just humor me. Stay for a little longer and if you're not having a good time, I will help you get your stuff and drive you wherever you want to go." He offered and gave me a puppy dog look with his deep brown eyes. 

"Fine." I said giving in. Nobody could say no to those eyes. "You know, your eyes give you an unfair advantage. They're too powerful." I said sitting back down on his bed. 

"I know. It's a gift." He smirked. 

"So, how do you suppose we get to know each other?" I asked slapping my thighs with my hands. 

"Just asking each other questions. I'll go first. What's your favorite color?" He asked and I scoffed. "What?" He asked confused.

"That's your first question?" I asked in a judgmental tone. 

"Come on. It's a perfectly reasonable question. Just answer it." He replied defending his basic question.

"Green. What about you, Munson. Let me guess, black?" I guessed.

"Nope. You are wrong, sweetheart. It's red." He pointed out and I sighed.

"That was my next guess." I said and he nodded not believing me. 

"Next question. When did you lose your virginity?" He asked curiously.

"That's the type of question I was expecting." I said letting out a sigh. "About two years ago." I answered honestly.

"Who with?" Eddie probed further. I went silent. 

"Billy Hargrove." I revealed and Eddie's eyes went wide.