2.3: The Pollywog

The next morning I woke up on the couch next to Steve. We must've fallen asleep last night. I looked at the time and saw that it was almost time for school. 

"Oh my God, Steve. Steve! Wake up!" I said pushing him off the couch. He groaned in pain.

"What is it?" He asked still groggy.

"It's almost time for school." I said getting off the couch. 

"What?" He asked getting up in a panic.

"Yeah, we must've fallen asleep last night." I said trying to tame my hair and get ready as fast as I could. 

"Shit." He said groggily. "At least my parents are out of town. They won't ever know I didn't come home last night." 

"Do you want some clothes? I'm sure Jonathan left something here that you can borrow." I offered as I went to my room to change.

"No, I have an outfit in my car." He said following me to my room. I took my shirt off and noticed that Steve was there.

"Steve? What the hell?" I asked covering myself.

"Sorry, I'm gonna go grab my clothes." He said pointing outside towards his car.

"Yeah, you do that." I said embarrassed. I got dressed and made myself look presentable for the school day.

"Hey do you want a ride to school?" Steve asked. I noticed that he's not wearing his costume from last night instead he had some jeans and a graphic t shirt on.

"Um, yeah. That would be great." I said grabbing my bag and following him to his car. We got to school and parted ways to go to class. I ran into Jonathan on my way to class. 

"Hey." He said and I crossed my arms angrily.

"Hey? That's all you have to say to me?" I scoffed.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Why did you ditch me at the party?" I asked jogging his memory.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Frankie. I saw Nancy was too drunk to stand and took her home. I completely forgot." He said trying to apologize.

"You forgot that I went with you? You dragged me along to a stupid party and then left me there stranded." I said in disbelief.

"I'm sorry." He said, but I rolled my eyes and walked away.

"I'll see you later, Jonathan." I said going to class. I was almost to class when Billy approached me. I sighed and continued walking.

"Hey, hot stuff." He said in his usual cocky tone.

"I'm not in the mood, Billy." I said trying to avoid him. 

"Come on, don't be like that. I know that you secretly love these encounters." He smirked and I rolled my eyes yet again. "I saw you leave the party with Harrington." He said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Steve and I are just friends. Not that it's any of your business." I said trying to keep my cool.

"Hey, it's ok. I don't mind some competition." He said looking at my lips.

"Competition?" I asked confused.

"You know. Competition for you." He said biting his lip. 

"Me?" I scoffed. "Please. I'm not some prize." I rolled my eyes.

"I know that you're going to give in eventually. It's only a matter of time." He said winking and walking away. God he was annoying. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~