3.1: Suzie, Do You Copy?

It was finally Summer. I didn't have to worry about school work anymore and I am officially a senior. Now all I had to worry about was losing my job because all the business was going to the new Starcourt Mall. On the other hand, Steve got the job at Scoops Ahoy which meant I got free ice cream anytime I wanted. 

That's where I was headed to now. To take advantage of him in his vulnerable state. Plus, I really liked his coworker Robin. She made fun of Steve just as much as I did. It was nice to have a really good female friend for once in my life. I walked into Scoops Ahoy and saw Steve and Robin behind the counter. 

"Hey Steve, or should I say, Ahoy matey!" I said knowing that it annoyed him. He groaned.

"You know you always say that and it gets kinda old." Steve pointed out. 

"I think that Robin appreciates my humor, right Robin?" I asked turning my attention to her. 

"Oh yeah, you're a comedic genius." Robin said sarcastically.

"Thank you." I said knowing that she was kidding, but I took the compliment anyway. 

"Do you want your usual?" Steve asked.

"Yes, please, extra fudge." I smiled.

"You know eventually you're gonna have to pay." Steve said scooping my ice cream. 

"Really?" I asked disappointed.

"Yeah, my boss is starting to notice." Steve said reluctantly.

"Fine. I will pay for this one." I said playfully rolling my eyes.

"I forgot the cherries in the back. Just one second." He said going to the back which left me with Robin.

"You know he's a dingus right?" Robin asked.

"That I do." I answered enthusiastically.

"I have no idea what you see in him." She scoffed.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"You guys are obviously into each other. It's only a matter of time before you guys are dating." She said matter-of-factly.

"Oh my God, can't a guy and a girl have a platonic friendship ever?" I groaned.

"They can, but not in this case. I give it two maybe three weeks tops before you're in a relationship." Robin shrugged.

"Yeah. That's never gonna happen." I replied stubbornly.

"Whatever you say." She said as I saw Mike, Will, Max, and Lucas approach the counter.

"Hey, dingus, your children are here." Robin yelled to Steve.

"Again? Seriously?" Steve asked pushing the window to the back open. Mike shrugged and simply rang the bell. Steve ushered them through the back. I followed curious as to where they were going. 

"Come on, come on. I swear, if anybody hears about this..." Steve started.

"We're dead!" They all said not turning around. 

"They're sneaking into the movies, right?" I asked as he closed the door that led to the other stores.

"Yeah, they do this at least once a week." Steve said annoyed.

"You've been holding out on me, Harrington. I could've gotten free ice cream and free movies?" I scoffed. "I thought we were better friends than that." I said sarcastically.

"Oh, shut up. I always buy the movie tickets anyway." Steve pointed out.

"Touche." I said grabbing my ice cream.