2.6: The Spy

We were driving to Dustin's house to help him with his problem. We ended up stopping at my house to grab my bow and arrow in case things got out of hand. The car ride was silent and awkward until Steve broke the silence.

"Wait a second, how big?" He asked trying to wrap his head around the situation.

"First it was like that." Dustin said showing us about an inch. "Now he's like this." He said making the distance of about a foot long.

"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve said not believing him. 

"It's not a lizard." Dustin defended.

"Steve, do you really not believe him especially after what we've seen?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"How do you know?" Steve asked.

"How do I know if it's not a lizard?" Dustin scoffed.

"Yeah, how do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve asked getting frustrated.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat." Dustin said and we all got silent. We got to Dustin's house and got out of the car. Steve went to the trunk and got out his bat with nails in it. I grabbed my bow and quiver full of arrows.

"Awesome." Dustin said looking at me inspecting my arrows.

"Maybe I could teach you how to shoot sometime." I suggested and he nodded excitedly. 

"You never offered to teach me how to shoot." Steve said offended.

"You never said I looked awesome." I said smiling at Dustin and walking to where he trapped the monster.

"I don't hear shit." Steve said listening for anything in the cellar.

"He's in there." Dustin said completely certain. Steve hit the door a couple of times and we didn't hear anything.

"All right, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead." Steve said shining him in the eyes with his flashlight.

"It's not." Dustin defended.

"All right?" Steve asked.

"It's not a prank. Get it out of my face." Dustin said and Steve pointed the flashlight back towards the door.

"You got a key for this thing?" Steve asked wanting to investigate. Steve opened the door and shined the light down there to see if he could find anything. We didn't see anything.

"He must be further down there. I'll stay up here with Frankie in case he tries to escape." Dustin said taking my arm so I couldn't go down with Steve. Steve looked at me for assistance, but I shrugged.

"Fine." Steve said as he walked down the stairs with his bat ready to hit anything that moved.

"Steve?" I called out after a while of silence worried for him. 

"Steve, what's going on down there?" Dustin questioned anxiously. 

"Get down here." Steve said pointing his flashlight at us. We slowly descended the stairs and looked at what Steve found.

"Oh, shit." Dustin said looking at the dripping skin Steve was holding up with his bat.

"What the hell is that?" I said covering my mouth about to be sick.

"Oh, shit!" Dustin yelled looking farther at the hole in his basement. "No way. No way." We were looking at a tunnel that Dart must've made to get out. It went on for miles at least. 

"I'm not going in there." I said knowing there was no way in hell I would make it out of there alive. Dustin, Steve, and I devise a plan on how to kill Dart. We ended up needing three pairs of gloves, a lot of meat, and weapons. Steve and I were unloading all our supplies from his car and Dusting was talking to someone.

"Well, well, well, look who it is. Well, when you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and I'm pretty sure he's a baby Demogorgon. I'll explain later. Meet me, Frankie and Steve at the old junkyard. And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." Dustin said to the other person on the radio.