Chapter 74: Just A Dream

"Mommy! Mama!" Faye ran up the stairs as she whisper shouted for the women disregarding their exhausted and sleepy state. Bursting in through their bedroom doorway, the little girl jumped onto the couples bed waking them up in an instant.

Startled by the sudden awakening Lain and Nina gasped as they sat up frantically looking for the source of the intrusion.

"Secret! They're keeping secrets!" She said hysterically trying to get the information out as fast as possible.

"Huh?" Nina grunted as she stretched her back out and yawned like a roar. "Faye? What're you doing up sweet pea?" She asked brushing over the girls previous statement.

"They're keeping secrets!" The little girl repeated herself as she bounced around with adrenaline running through her body.

"Ow...baby can you keep it down please. Mommy's ears hurt." Lain rubbed the back of her ears as she looked at Faye with her hanging eyes.

"But they're keeping secrets." She repeated in a  softer voice as she slumped down onto the bed annoyed. She didn't understand why the couple weren't as concerned as she was.

"Who's keeping a secret?" Nina finally asked between another yawn.

"Uncle Nicky and Nelson!"

Still fazed out by her exhausted state, the tan woman rubbed her eyes. "What secret are they keeping?"

"I...I...I dunno." The girl hung her head as she admitted.

"Oh well I'm sure it was just a dream sweetheart. Why don't you come lay between mama and I, and we can all go back to sleep together." Lain said as she opened her arms pulling her little girl in between them.

"Mommy no!" Faye squirmed but Lain just held her tighter as they laid back down.

Shushing Faye gently Nina pressed a loving kiss onto her forehead before laying back down and shutting her red eyes. "Don't wanna sleep." Faye complained.

But the women paid her no attention. Too exhausted from the long night they had, the couple found themselves back in dreamland within a matter of seconds. And yet as their minds descended further into a dream state their hold on Faye didn't loosen up. Still holding her as firm as before, the little girl gave up in her quest to escape as she laid helplessly between the couple.

Whimpering as her mind wouldn't allow her to rest, Faye contemplated for what seemed like eternity until eventually her eyes drifted down sending her to bed.

"Faye." The little girl heard someone calling out to her. Twisting and turning she tried to cut the voice off but it didn't seem to go away. "Faye." It called again.

Making little noises as the sun shined brightly into her face, Kaila smiled as the other girls eyes finally opened. "Breakfast ready." She said out from behind the pacifier in her mouth.

But before Faye had a chance to respond, Kaila giggled as she hopped off the bed already heading back towards the door expecting Faye to follow.

But the little girl on the bed only grunted as she wanted nothing more than to return back to bed.

It wasn't until Kaila reached the doorway when she notice Faye was still under the sheets. Giggling as she ran back over, Kaila grabbed a hold of the bedsheet and threw it off the sleepy girl. "Come on." She said tugging on the other girls feet as hard as she playfully could.

And while that meant Faye didn't move an inch, it was still enough of a disturbance to keep her awake. "Kaila stop it." She whined curling her knees to her chest.