Chapter 5: Ice Breaker

With Kaila on the floor crying out into the woman's arm, the other small sized girl currently sulking with the other woman felt her hand being grabbed. "Why don't we take this into the living room?" The woman with mocha skin spoke.

The woman with Kaila nodded as she helped the small girl off the floor and aided her in their walk to the nearby living room. With their tears blocking their views, neither of the little girls could see the room around them.

But they wish they did because laying in the large open spaced room laid a large L shaped couch with decorative pillows running along it. In similar fashion to the pillows, the two women had closely matched curtains draped along all the windows.

On their walls were hundreds of pictures of the two of them. Along with few others. Well maybe not a few. There was one other face in particular that seemed to keep making an appearance throughout their home. Along with the pictures laid shelves displaying many decorative items.

One of which was a cactus plant sent up high on the wall near an open window minding its own business.

"Let me rub your head for you Kaila." The woman offered sitting the small girl besides her on the couch. With the girl she now knew to be Lauren sitting on the other side of her, the woman who brought them over here sat at her side.

After several minutes of endless weeping and sniffling Kaila finally settled. She would've been done sooner with her tears if it wasn't for the woman besides her basically patting her head as if she were some kind of pet.

"Now let's have a chat girls." The woman who brought them over to this side of the house spoke. Both Kaila and Lauren put their attention on the woman as she directly looked back into their eyes. "Before I let you both ask whatever question it is you want, I wanted to clarify some things as best as I can."

She cleared her throat as she took a moment to collect herself.

"Let's start things off easy. My name is Nina, and that over there," she pointed towards the woman near Kaila. "That is my wife Lain."

"Hello." She casually waved smiling gleefully at them.

"This is our home but it doesn't have to be it alone. This can be yours too if you'll allow it." Nina finished as she looked between the girls chuckling to herself as she watched their faces react to everything.

They seemed to be intimidated by the idea of this being their home. Neither of them said anything as they looked at one another confused and without a clue as to how to feel.

"How old are you both?" Lauren finally asked as she looked to her side without realizing what she had asked. "Sorry." She tried to cover her question up not wanting the women to think she was being rude and punish her about it.

Seeing the worried look on the girl, Lain spoke up. "It's alright Lauren." She comforted. "There's nothing wrong with it. I know we look a lot older than you both. I would be curious too if I were you."

"Speak for yourself," Nina flipped her hair. "I look as young as ever."

"Babe," the other woman laughed trying to get back on track. As she looked back at the two girls sitting tensely the woman responded. "I'm twenty five, and Nina over there, don't believe a thing she says, but she's actually nine hundred and twenty seven."

"Subtract about nine hundred years and now you've got it." Nina laughed as she corrected her wife's joke.

"Why'd you come to the bidding?" Kaila asked as she leaned away from the woman sitting up on her own.

"Would you prefer we didn't?" The woman with curls raised an eyebrow as she chuckled seeing the girls face turning paler by the minute. "Lauren?" She turned towards the other girl seeing her frantically shaking her head.