Promises in the air: Chapter 6

HEY guys, I need your help! I need more comments and votes to encourage me to write, I know wow greedy little girl,lol, but i want them. I want to feel that someone is actually reading and giving me pointers (:

I know this chapter is kind of suckie, but please hang in there. I will soon update, but please guys help me xD

[Jennifer POV]

The smell of pine from the car freshener that was dangling in the mirror came into my nose when I breathed in. How could I cave in just like that? What is my problem? I didn’t really know Hector since we were five.Though, I would always hear Sophie always try to tell me how he was and how he meant to her, but I rarely listened. I was only interested in my mother. My poor mother who stopped working which meant that there was no food at home, most of the time. I’m scared of what I would find when I get home. I’m horrified for what’s going to happen to her. The only person that I would be counting on would be my father, but the problem is I don’t know where he is. I haven’t seen him since I was three when my aunt sneaked me out to see him when I stayed with her. I’m pretty sure my aunt  won’t tell me where he is because of my mother. I also have an aunt that my mom told me about on his side a couple of years ago before she started drinking, but where could I find her?

I felt a gentle touch on my arm. I looked at it and then looked at him.

“Yes?” I mumbled.

“What are you thinking about?” He chuckled.

“Not about you because me and you are never going to happen.” I smiled a fake smile.

He frowned. “I’m not that cocky, so please and no one said I was.”

“I’m sorry is the baby getting mad?” I chuckled getting a little a bit of laughter in me letting my mind drift off.

“Yes, the baby is mad.” He laughed.

The night sky took over. I looked at the radio's clock and saw that’s it’s seven o’ clock. Where are we going? Why is it taking so long for us to go to the movies? Are we even going to the movies? I saw a sign heading closer to us that said exit 9 and he took it. What is he doing? I thought to myself knowing this wasn’t the direction to go the movies and I knew something was wrong.

“I thought we were going to the movies?” I answered looking out to see what appeared to be the carnival.

I stared at the wonderland of happiness that I’d wanted to go ever since Sophie died. I had dreamed to go away to a land where I would feel happy and here I was, blessed by my wish. Laughter had circled around the parking lot with the mix of happiness. I didn’t want to escape it, it was all beautiful. It was as if I should just stay and not go back. The rollercoaster was filled with screaming’s while hands were in the air. I had a chill go up my spine. I'm terrified of rollercoaster’s. I glared at the Ferris wheel that stood out the most and it looked as if it was touching the sky. Its yellow lights were going one by one in the pattern of yellow to red.  I was lost in the moment until I heard the beeping sound of the car go off.

“What can I say? There's not any good movies out.” He chuckled outside now holding the keys in his hands.

“Ha-ha,” I laughed sarcastically and opened the door and walked out.

The air of rain sucked into my nose washing away the smell of pine. I wiggled it and tried to ignore the smell because it bugged my nose. I was walking beside him now unsure what I could say to him. I could felt the smell of cotton candy coming closer. I drooled inside remembering the taste that I once had.I shivered feeling the chill from the breeze go up my back. He looked at me. “Are you alright?” He asked.