The absence:Chapter 4

Chapter 4

[Third Person POV]

A two weeks later, school was back in session. Everyone came back with telling their holidays and greeting Hector with how sorry they were that Sophie died. He knew, they didn't understand why they were sorry. tt wasn't their fault she died it was his. Every time, someone brought it up he would just say thank you and walk away. It was the same thing with Jennifer, but not a lot of people said it to her because they knew Sophie wasn't as important to Jennifer comparing to Hector.

[Hector's POV]

I walked into class tired with that everyone kept saying ooh, I'm sorry...and blah, blah, blah. I'm glad that they felt that way, but sometimes these people don't know what I went through, honestly. The thing that annoys me the most is that they feel like they have to treat me with special needs.

I sat down in the back. No one was really here seeing that the class wasn't going to start until five minutes. Caroline walked in with her hair bouncing up and down with an excited expression. How can she not, it's her birthday!

"Happy birthday, Caroline!" I announced getting up and hugged her.

"Thank you." She answered when the hug was over. I sat down.

"You're welcome." I replied with a smile on my face.

"Are you coming, tonight?"  Caroline asked and then gave me a quick kiss.

"I don't know depends are you going to do that again, but longer?"

"Come on, Hector it's my birthday!" She shrieked.

"I didn't say I wasn't coming. You just assumed." I answered.

"Are you being a smartass with me?" She asked annoyed.

"No." I responded.

"Good," She said getting on my leg and motioned her light pink nail polish fingers through my curly, brown hair. "What are you getting me?"

"It's a surprise."

"You know, I hate surprises." She pouted.

"Suck it up, you'll live."

"What is wrong with you!" She shouted getting up from my leg.

What is her problem? This is my normal way of speaking. Ah, I guess her period has arrived. I don't get why she's so upset and bothered with me. I didn't do anything wrong. 

"Nothing's wrong with me. What's wrong with you?"

"Today's my birthday and you're treating me like crap." She exclaimed turning her back to me.

"I'm not treating you like crap." I assured her rubbing her back, but she moved it forward for in order for me to stop. God, what is wrong with her?

"I'm going to go." She answered walking off.

"Wait, where's my kiss?" I called.

She looked at me with an annoying face. At first, I thought she would leave, but she came back. I puckered my lips, but instead she kisses me on my forehead. "Not there, sweetie, you're supposed to do it here." I puckered my lips again.

She shook her head and walked away. After she left, Jennifer came in with her three books closed to her chest with her head up high, but when she saw my gaze, she looked down, quickly. Her brunette, long, layered hair was in braids covered with a black headband. I think she was looking for that hippie type look. She wore skinny jeans with a baby blue hoodie sweater and with black converse at the bottom. Trust me, she was one of those girls, you wanted to crack and see if inside she was easy.