An in hour:Chapter 10(Part 1)

How much can you actually accomplish in an hour? Run an errand maybe, sit in traffic, get an oil change. When you think about it an hour isn't very long. Sixty minutes. Thirty-six hundred seconds. That's it. In medicine, though, an hour is often everything. 

-Meredith Gray.

_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-

An hour.

  An hour can change everything. As Hector saw Jennifer struggling trying to get up and walking down the narrow hallway, he stayed putting his head in his locker breathing heavily as if he had to go after her wanting to comfort her. “Damn it, damn it.” He sighed. His mind went everywhere, he was starting think about Sophie and how she was pushed onto the lockers. He shook his head in the empty space as much as he could.

“That was for you.” A voice said behind him.

His eyes were starting to narrow and his hands were starting to sweat. He felt this sensation wanting to grip Caroline's shoulder and push her onto the lockers too, but he stayed calm. Though as he turned around and saw her face, he was sure of doing it, she was laughing as if there was a joke as if pushing Jennifer to the lockers made her feel good.

“Why the fuck are you laughing?!” He shouted not caring if people looked at him.

“Whoa, dude it’s not my fault I took it as a joke.”

“A joke, huh?” He was ready. He actually wanted to see what the joke was.

"Yea, a joke," She bit her lip. "You're seriously telling me you didn't think it was a joke?" She put her hand on her hip.

"No and why should I?" He growled.

 "Seriously, you didn't take it as a joke?" She answered putting her hands over his neck. 

"No," He shouted taking her hands off him. "You seriously think I would laugh at this, are you fucking crazy?!"

"You’ve changed,” She rubbed her hands together. "What happened to you?"

“Do you really want to know?” He snapped.

“Yea, take a crack at it.” She answered.

“I never changed.” He reveled looking into her eyes, “I’ve just-“

“Why do you care for her?” She said suddenly.

"What kind of question is that?" I answered.

"I’m asking why do you care so much? She questioned. "It's not like you cared for her before, why now?"

"I can't explain it." He sighed and he really didn't for some reason the promise that he made wasn't making an any sense anymore ever since that car ride when they left the carnival, he felt that it was kind of hopeless to look out for.

"You can't be in love with her." She said putting her hands back on his neck.

"And why not?" He answered feeling the touch of her fingers go into his black shirt and into his back making him feel his goose bumps go spiral. Though, he kind of knew he’s not in love with her not at all. He just viewed as this person who he made a promise to protect and when that job is done he felt that he will be done with her.

 "You don't know her." 

"I’ve known her all my life."

"But did you ever pay attention?" She asked.

"No," He sighed getting her hands off of him feeling this sense of regret. He started to walk leaving her standing at the lockers.

"Where are you going?" She called. He turned around and stuck out the middle finger and disappeared into the halls.