A lack of color:Chapter 7

[Jennifer’s POV]

I felt a bump in my throat wanting to cry. I didn’t want to leave this place, but eventually my reality had to come to a close. I let go of Hector’s hand and wiped off the sweat of fear on my lap. When I let go, he smiled at me with an expression that seemed as if he was making fun of me. I didn’t want him to fall in love with me. I didn’t want to feel the pressure of figuring out love and wondering if he would do the same thing as my father.

[Hector’s POV]

Where could Caroline be? Why didn’t Caroline ever hold my hand when we went here? I watched Jennifer’s hair blow in the wind. I laughed wondering why she doesn’t tie that damn thing. As the ride came to a stop with a little push making it go back and forth with a rocking movement it finally took its course.  The conductor came forward and took off the seat belt. I came out first. As I stood there, I saw Jennifer starting to cry. She wiped her soft red cheeks when she saw me watching her doing her every move.

“What are you looking at?” She complained wiping the tear that was rolling down.

“You want to stay there?” I snapped feeling annoyed now with a hint in my voice. Why does she talk to me like this? It makes me think why I should waste my time on girls. All I could think about is Caroline on the ride even though I felt sympathy for Jennifer, I stayed focused on Caroline. Why do I do this? Why do I think about things that I can’t have?

“No,” She cried, “Take me home.”

I came closer to her and wiped off the tear from her cheek. She shivered.

“Let’s get in the booth.” I said.

“What booth?” She answered. “Do you mean the kissing booth? Uh no, I don’t think so.”

I laughed. “Why are you always thinking sexual things about me?”

“All you guys are the same.” She answered.

“Stop, saying that,” I said annoyed now. “Nobody’s the same in this world, do you understand that?”

“I understand,” She said low now as if she didn’t want to speak anymore of this.

“Good.” I smiled. “Now let’s go to the booth.”

“But you haven’t told me what the booth is.” She answered when I grabbed her by the arm. Her arm was soft it wasn’t big boned as Caroline’s.

We ran until I found the booth. There was no line, only two people behind the red curtain with every flash after a minute. The booth was white and it circled with pictures. Jennifer stayed by my side having her arms close to her chest. “Are you cold?” I asked.

“I’m alright.” She mumbled.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure.”

The two people finally came out. It was a guy and girl they were kissing with a passionate kiss. Hmm, I remembered those kisses I shared with Caroline. Why is the world like this? I looked back at Jennifer who just stood there.

“Aren’t you going to go in?” I asked.

“You first,” She said.

“Alright,” I said walking to the booth and holding the curtain to the side in order for it to not close.

“Were going to go in together?” She asked unsure.

“Why, not?” I said bother now feeling why she’s acting like this.

She walked fast as she was in a hurry and got in. She sat next to me. “Let’s get this over with and when this is done, I hope you can forget about me.”

There is no way I’m going to let her out of my sight. I have to protect her I can’t let my sister down. She’s not going to ruin this. “Listen to me can you just be in the moment?”

“Moment, you think this is a moment?” She answered with disgust in her voice.

“What am I supposed to call it an adventure?” I argued not knowing why she's bother from that word.

“You don’t have to talk to me like that.” She replied emotionless.

“Do you want this to work or not.”

She looked down and fidgeted with her hands. I knew I had, had done something wrong. I walked up slowly from the cramped booth and walked out.

“Are you coming?” She motioned her head towards me then nodded.

Her eyes were full of sorrow. I lend out my hand for her to get out. She ignored it and jumped out on her own. She had an unsteady walk on the puddles that we came across as we walked. I eyed her seeing if she’d fall, but I was glad that she didn’t. We walked back to the parking lot feeling the mist of air in the night sweep into my nose. I felt guilty for talking her to like that. I wanted to say something, but what could I come up with?

I took my car keys out of my pocket and minutes later we were in the car.

As we were going down the highway, I took a glance at Jennifer. She was sleeping with her arms closed to her chest. Why does she do this? Is it because she’s unsure about something? She started to move and then shake. I looked back seeing if they were any cars around for me to make a stop. There was none. The engine roared when I stopped in the dark night of the full moon. The forest trees were taking over with head lights from other cars that came by.

What’s wrong with her? I asked myself. Is she sick? I leaned towards her and feel her forehead and it’s sweating.

She keeps making word, but I can't make it out. I leaned back in my chair thinking this isn’t serious at all, let me just take her home. I started the engine again and she’s sleeping there motionless while I turn on the radio.

It’s ten thirty on a Thursday night I should have known the time limit for us to be home. As I drove passed Jennifer’s house I saw something unusual. The door was open leading a bright yellow light onto the cement floor. As I drove closer on to the pavement I saw the windows shattered with glass if someone threw a brick. I looked at Jennifer, she was still sleeping. Poor Jen, she didn’t know what was happening here. All of a sudden, I see a person in a white gown like the same person as I saw before. Her mom, did she cause this? Is she going crazy because she doesn’t know where Jennifer is? No, I don’t think because a parent wouldn’t treat a kid like this.

I turned the wheel and decided to take Jennifer to her second house, my house.

-----

Ello, it's me again with questions lol. :D
1.Are you liking the charcters?

2.Do you want to see more of Hector's Pov or Jennifer's POV?

3.Is this chapter sad or happy and in what way?

Muahahahhahahah :D

 4.Do you think I should have stayed in the carnival?

5.Lastly, will you read on?

(vote,comment and probably put it in your libary?)