Three days later:Chapter 1

[Third Person POV]

Three days later

Hector Struggled in his sleep until he woke up into a patch of lightness in his white room. He sat upright with a pain in his head. He looked over to his right where a nurse was fixing his IV. He looked around remembering, how he got here and how got into this situation. He thought about if Tom got his way with his sister and wondered when the ambulance came. He clutched the sheets over him and asked the nurse if he can leave him alone. She nodded and headed to the door and bumped into Jennifer, who was coming in.

"Hi," She answered with a shy wave and stayed near the door. "How are you feeling?"

He glared at her and asked, "What are you doing here?"

She took a step closer with her arms crossed. "I'm here because my mom is here and because I heard Sophie was here and that she came with you."

"She told you?" He answered letting the sheets lose a bit and feeling a bit of stress going away.

"Um...." She answered. "Do you know what's today?"

"It's Saturday." He confirmed.

"I-I-I knew something was wrong." She stuttered.

"Are you telling me, today is not Saturday?" He answered.

"You've just woke up."

"What?" He answered. "Yea, I know because I was sleeping."

"No, you don't understand," She answered shaking her head. "Do you remember what happened?"

"Yea, I was at the library looking for Sophie when this son of a bitch was trying to rape her at school." He explained furious holding the sheets again with a firm grip.

"Did they tell you what happened?" She cried walking towards him, but kept her distance.

"No, what happened to my little sister?" He whispered.

Silence. Jennifer was unsure if she was the right person to answer his question.

"What happened to my little sister?" He exclaimed his voice getting higher. "What happened to Sophie?"

"She died."

His fingers started to shake. His right hand started to curl up in a fist and he started to hit the bed with force which made the bed have a beat to it.

"Get out!" He shouted.

"What?" She cried.

"Get out of my sight!"

He felt he had poison in him. He felt that it was his fault she died. How could this happen? He asked himself while Jennifer stood there in shock, but then turned around and walked out the door. He felt that he let his mom down. "It's my fault." He whispered. "Mom is the one that told me to go looking for her and I let her down."

Suddenly, the door opened and his mom came in. She came in with swollen eyes. She had red, puffy cheeks. Her dark brown hair was a mess it looked like a birds nest. She had stayed here ever since they called her when she got the news. She cried to herself and her husband told her to stay strong.

"Baby!" She cried rushing towards his side and hugged him tightly. "Jennifer told me, you were awake."

"I don't see why, she doesn't have to be in our business." He admitted going back in order for his mother's hair not to poke him in the eye.

"Honey," She answered getting a chair behind her and sitting in it. "She's your sister's best friend."

"Mom, I know she's dead. You can say was." He confessed.

"I know, Jennifer told me she told me that too." She put her hand on his lap.

"Mom, it's my fault." He cried covering his face.

"Don't say that!" She answered trying to maintain her tears back while squeezing his lap. "It's nobody's fault except that boy."

"How did she die?" He quivered his lips under his hands.

"She was stabbed." She responded fidgeting between her hands.

He took his hands off slowly and went back with banging on his bed. "I'm going to kill him!" He answered cold drifting his words. He turned and sat sideways leaving his legs hang off the bed.

"Hector, don't day that." She exclaimed. "You don't have the right to play God."

"But he does right?" He demanded.

"Hector. I don't want you to go to jail, please." She answered. "What if he does the same thing to you?"

"Well, then that's a risk I will have to take." He disclosed standing up from the bed and going to the door.

[Jennifer POV]

"What give him the right to treat me like that?" I mumbled when I came in the room. I relaxed my head on the door. Suddenly, I heard breathings across from me. My mom was waking up. She looked around confused as why she was here. She groaned and sat upright and saw my face. I smiled at her and she gave me an evil look as if she was going to kill me. Her brown eyes were now shot red as if she just woke up with a pink eye.

"Harold! I told you that I'm not crazy!"  She exclaimed using my father's name. "Stop bringing me to the hospital!"

"Mom, it's me Jennifer."

"How'd you know I was pregnant, Harold!" She demanded, "And how did you know I was going to call her Jennifer?"

"Mom, I'm not dad." I objected scared for my life still leaning on the door.

"Get out, Harold!" She screamed. "I'm perfectly fine without you. I don't need your sorry ass to always judge me and remind me that I'm crazy!"

She got up from the bed like a maniac and threw a machine onto the floor. I tried to go close to her as to comfort her, but her hands were up and she repeated stay away, over and over.

I felt the door behind me try to open. "Hey, can you open the door?"

I stepped back from the door and a tall, pale doctor  with wavy light brown hair came in.  "Take him away, I don't want him here!"

"Calm down, ma'am." He assured her going closer to her.

"I want him to leave." She shouted getting a pillow from the bed and threw it at me.

"I'm going to ask you to leave." He answered. "I don't want her pressure to go up than it is."

"Okay, Dr." I replied opening the door and walked out with my arms close to my chest.

Across the hallway, I heard Hector's voice shouting and yelling. Then, I heard something crash to the floor. I was curious to see what's happening. I know Hector treated me like a ruthless, defend less idiot before, but that was only because his sister died. I have too, Jennifer. I thought to myself encouraging myself to know, what if he collapses because he's not stable because he just woke up, today. I walked to the door and leaned on it and heard, I'm going to kill you....mumble....mumble...Then, I heard a voice that sounded like Tom. I should have killed you when I had the chance...mumble...mumble.

"Then, come on kill me, bitch!" Hector challenged.

 No, I have to get in there before anything happens. I turned the knob and walked in.