The proposition is launched:Chapter 5

The proposition is launched Chapter 5

[Jennifer’s POV]

I sit on the bench with the wind blowing in my face while struggling to keep my papers together in order for it to not to blow away. These papers were very important, they were the essay papers that got assigned to us yesterday and it was due on Friday, but I decided to do it early. I wondered, why it was so windy these days. I felt as if this November was going to be a bad one. I also, wonder why my mom is coming late at nights. What is she hiding from me? Is it that she found someone and she isn’t telling me? Suddenly, a huge gust of wind came through and blew my papers away. I ran after them and crouched down on the leaves and then suddenly, I saw a foot on the stack of paper that was rolled around.

“Thank you.” I smiled picking up the ones that were in front me.

The foot eventually went into a bend position and I saw the person that was helping me. His dark brown curly hair was all over the place, his lips curved into a smile just big enough and red enough that make you want to kiss him all day long.  What am I saying? His greenish, hazel eyes that bore into you like you’re the only person in the world that matters were looking straight into mine. I felt hot and bothered for feeling this way. I felt my cheeks turning red.

“You’re welcome, Jennifer.” He answered picking up the paper and put it in front of his face. “You’re in Mrs. Robinson? Hey, I thought the essay was due on Friday.”

I snatched the paper from him and scowled at him. “It is.”

“What’s wrong with you?” He chuckled.

“Thank you for the paper.” I sighed not wanting to give him reasons of what’s wrong with me because frankly, I can’t explain it.

“You already said that.”

“I know, but I’m saying this because I want you to go away.” I explained getting up and he followed.

“Hey, come with me to the movies.” He offered.

“No.” I answered feeling strange why he wanted to take me to the movies.

“Come on, it’s just the movies. I’m not going to rape you.” He explained.

“I’m sorry, but I’m not interested.” I answered walking away wiping my hair out of my face smelling the oak air smothered in with the mixture of wet leaves.

“Wait.” He said motioning his hands in front me.”

“What?” I sighed.

“Give me a chance.”

“I don’t go out with guys like you.”

“What do you mean guys like me?”

“You’re all the same, that’s what I mean.” I declared.

“Have you gone out with me to know that?” He responded with a cheesy smile.

“No, but I heard things.” I objected.

“Oh, so you heard things?”  He began. “Well, once in a while, you should hear what you want to hear and ask for the second side of the story.”

“Maybe,” I answered, “But it doesn’t change the fact that I don’t want to go out with you.” I walked off, but once again, he got in front of me. “What?!” I sighed.

“No one said about asking you out, it’s just the movies.” He claimed. “Don’t worry I heard things, about you, too.” He snickered snatching one of my papers.