Chapter 14: Surprise, Surprise...It's (M)Alice!

EMMA'S POV

I was trying to sleep, but I just couldn't. It was already around a little after midnight, but I was still up. I struggled out of my covers and went out into the hall. Maybe I had to go to the bathroom. I would try just in case. As I walked down the halls, I heard a second pair of footsteps behind me. I turned around, and there I saw a horribly unexpected sight.

Standing there was a teenage boy. He has just appeared there in a plume of shadows and darkness. He was wearing nothing but a short pait of boxers, and he was absolutely gorgeous. He was one of those pretty skinny people that have a lot of muscle, and he had a set of six-pack abs. He also had a perfectly arranged set of pure white teeth, two eyes that were as blue as the deep sea, and a mop of brown hair. Basically like a super-hot version of Az on steroids.

"Emma, Emma, don't scream. I'm here to take you back with me," he whispered, walking towards me. Instantly my heart started to beat faster and faster.

"Who are you?" I asked him, nearly gasping for air.

"I'm...I'm not who you think I am. Don't be scared when I tell you. but I'm Lord Malice," he said with a wide grin. My heart skipped a beat.

"L...Lord Malice? You're a...a teenager? A really hot teenager? But I thought that you were...like this shadow thing?" I asked. Nearby, Jacob snored a little bit and we both jumped.

"I shapeshift. But since I look like this, surely you can trust me? Come bakc with me, please. Leave these people. They don't deserve somebody as good as you," he said, his voice becoming a low growl at the last part of his sentence. He stepped behind me and drew his hands across my shoulders.

"But...you're Lord Malice. I can't come with you. Besides, Az needs me," I said, trying to step forwards. Lord Malice's hand tightened on my shoulders. He put his mouth close to my ear and started to whisper.

"You won't even leave them for me? I'm asking you personally, Emma. The rewards will be great," he said. At the word great, he ran a hand through my hair. My hear started beating faster again.

"But I can't...Will you kill me if I don't follow you?" I asked.

"No. I'm going to make love to you and then I'm going to kill you," he said with a low chuckle. I could feel him growing against my behind.

"Get off of - " I started, but then I was stopped as a wrapping of shadow energy was laced around my mouth. I couldn't speak, and when I tried to, wisps of shadow energy and smoke went into my mouth.

"That's better, Emma. Now, come on with me," Lord Malice said.

I started to get scared, but I couldn't call out for help, and Lord Malice's iron grip on my shoulder was giving me second thoughts about fighting back. Suddenly, from down the hall, a door slammed shut and a dark, shadowy figure stepped out into the hall. The figure raised a hand, and a massive sword appeared out of thin air and spun into the figure's grip. A flapping, tattered, black coat came into being around the person.

"Unhand her Malice," Az said, turning to us and getting into what looked like a bushido fighting stance.

"And if I don't? What can one puny death spirit do against me? I'm going to slaughter you in front of her eyes. Then I'll carry out my earlier threat," Lord Malice said, shoving me backwards into the wall.

"And I'll just yell and wake up the whole house. You can't handle all of us at once. If you just go now, I won't do that," Az said, maintaining his firm stance.

"Alright, you got me this time, Azrael. But I'll be back! Tomorrow, expect the worst day of your journey so far," Lord Malice said.

"It's already been pretty tiresome. How can it get horribly worse?" Az asked.

"One of your group is going to die tomorrow. And my men and I will be the ones to kill that person."

____________________________________________________________________________

"Someone's going to die," I said simply.

Everyone's faces changed to an expression of horror. Mr. Tholos dropped his fork and Slick Vic nearly choked on a piece of his bacon. It was about 8 in the morning and we were eating breakfast. Az and I though that this was the best time to let everyone know about what had happened last night.

"So one of us is going to die, they're probably going to attack tomorrow, and there's a Nightmare rapist looking for you, Emma? This is just getting worse and worse," Jacob said, using his humor to try and keep a handle on things.

"Well...the best we can do is try to defend. I have a couple of landmines in the garage that Ahmoon of the Sands gave to me back when we were hunting that Hangwoman back in N.I.G.H.T. We can set them up, and the rest of us can just...prepare to defend," Vic said.

"Alright, let's move!" Solomon said, slamming a fist on the table and getting up.

Everyone moved away, running up to their rooms to get stuff or going out to the garage to help get Vic's landmines. Az and I stayed at the table for a couple seconds, and Az gave a dejected sigh, looking really sad. He got up, slumped over. I went over to comfor thim and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Az, why are you so sad?" I asked him.

"I wasn't able to defend you. I should have known that Malice would have pulled something like that. He easily could have killed us all, but he didn't, are we're lucky for that. But I wasn't able to stop him, and if I hadn't heard you guys moving around outside, you could have gotten...well, killed and the other thing...you know, the 'r' word," Az said.

"It's ok. What matters is that you got there at all. You tried, and I appreciate you for that, Az. I...Az, I love you," I said.

I was shocked that those words had come out of my mouth. I hadn't meant to say them at all...they just slipped out. There was a long pause  and Az just stared at my eyes. Did I get him angry? Did I offend him? But then Az's face spread into a smile and he leaned in, kissing me. I put my arms around him and he did the same, our kisses getting hungry and fierce. I started to moan, and Az gave a little growl as we kissed, starting to slip his hands under my shirt.

"Come on now! Can't you at least wait until after the fight!" I heard Jacob cry from the stairs. Az separated from me for just a second, still clutching me to him.

"One of us is probably going to die today, Jake, so we might as well make the best of it now! Why don't you go do the same with Tessa," Az said, turning back to me and continuing to kiss me harder.

I couldn't even laugh through the kissing.

_________________________________________________

And NO, my chapters are not getting shorter. Hahahaha =)