Chapter 13: The Slickest of the Slick

AZ'S POV

As we were running across the open plains to get away from the sight of the battle, I saw a huge structure in the distance. It was a water tower. It was rusty, banged-up, and probably a thousand years old, but we could rest there a little. Jacob, Solomon, and Mr. Tholos must be dead tired after the dash away from the power plant.

"Wanna rest there?" I asked Mr. Tholos.

"Only for three minutes or so. Then we must keep moving. We can be at Vic's house in about two hours if we keep moving at this rate," Mr. Tholos said.

We kept moving forwards to the tower.

As we were running across the open plains to get away from the sight of the battle, I saw a huge structure in the distance. It was a water tower. It was rusty, banged-up, and probably a thousand years old, but we could rest there a little. Jacob, Solomon, and Mr. Tholos must be dead tired after the dash away from the power plant.

"Wanna rest there?" I asked Mr. Tholos.

"Only for three minutes or so. Then we must keep moving. We can be at Vic's house in about two hours if we keep moving at this rate," Mr. Tholos said.

We kept moving forwards to the tower. Then I stopped for a second. I had been here before...Mr. Tholos and I had just had this conversation!

As we were running across the open plains to get away from the sight of the battle, I saw a huge structure in the distance. It was a water tower. It was rusty, banged-up, and probably a thousand years old, but we could rest there a little. Jacob, Solomon, and Mr. Tholos must be dead tired after the dash away from the power plant.

"Wanna rest there?" I asked Mr. Tholos.

"Only for three minutes or so...Az. Snap out of it! We've already had this conversation, don't you remember?" Mr. Tholos asked, stopping.

"Yeah...I do...What's happening?" I asked. By now, everyone had realized that something was wrong, and we all had stopped.

"I think...I think someone's cursing us. I've heard of this type of thing before, and I can sense magical energy in the air. I bet that Lord Malice is cursing us to repeat what we're doing over and over again..." Tessa said.

"How do we get out of it?" Emma asked, and I could see her starting to get scared. I wanted to go over and comfort her, but I had to listen to Tessa first.

"We can't. Somebody from the outside world has to come in and make the repeating sequence different. That's the only thing that can break this type of hex," Tessa said.

I felt us moving, and I knew that we were about to repeat again. Jacob started to talk again, saying "But we're in the middle of nowhere! How is somebody supposed to -" before he was cut off and the sequence began again.

As we were running across the open plains to get away from the sight of the battle, I saw a huge structure in the distance. It was a water tower. It was rusty, banged-up, and probably a thousand years old, but we could rest there a little. Jacob, Solomon, and Mr. Tholos must be dead tired after the dash away from the power plant.

"Wanna rest there?" I asked Mr. Tholos.

"Only for three minutes or so. Then we must keep moving. We can be at Vic's house in about two hours if we keep moving at this rate," Mr. Tholos said.

We kept moving forwards to the tower. Suddenly, somebody walked in from the side of the scene. I almost felt a change come over the air, like a great pressure had been lifted. I knew that it was Lord Malice's magic shattering. The figure was walking out from the base of the water tower, and he came towards us slowly. I saw that it was a man as it approached.

The figure was a tall man with green eyes and blond hair that hung down to his waist. He had pointy, long ears like an elf's. He was wearing a white T-shirt and jeans, and running shoes were on his feet.

"I saw you guys repeating and...THOLOS?! SOLOMON?! Is...is it really you?!" the elf-man started to ask.

"Thank god you're here Vic!" Mr. Tholos said, before the elf-man ran forwards and hugged oth him and Mr. Tholos.

"I assume that you're Slick Vic?" I asked the elf-guy when he was done with his hugs.

"So even the kids know about me now! Yes, I am the one and only Slick Vic! Scourge of the Barkwolves, Slayer of the Bore Lords, and...retired N.I.G.H.T. agent. Anyways,, what's going on here? Who exactly are you kids, and why are you with Tholos and Solomon? More importantly, why are Tholos and Solomon together like this?" Slick Vic asked.

"It's...it's a long story," Solomon said, shaking some rain off of his metallic hide.

"Well...we might as well head over to my place and you guys can explain," Slick Vic said.

_________________________________________________________________________

"Ah...I see. I can help you guys. I'd be glad to get back at Malice and Slaughter. Slaughter killed my mom, and Malice took out Elissa, my last girlfriend," Vic said.

We were all sitting at Vic's kitchen table. The news was playing on the HD Plasma TV in the living room nearby, and the sizzling water of Vic's jacuzzi could be heard nearby. The patter of rain and the occasional clap of thunder could be heard outside the massive mansion-sized house.

"Why were you even out there?" Jacob asked.

"Oh, well, I like to run. I took my van out a little ways from the house and I started running. Since I'm a Highkin, and I'm not a human, I can run great distances without even breaking a sweat. The van was about...a mile from this house, and I took off running. In about two hours, I was by that water tower, and that's where I saw you guys repeating," Vic explained.

"Yeah...Malice hexed us. Or so we think," I said.

"He won't be doing that anymore once we're done with him! A witch and her Selenos apprentice, a werewolf, a death spirit, a Steel Monger, a Ratchet Dog, and a Highkin against an army of assorted magical creatures that Lord Malice and Sir Slaughter have hired, summoned, or created. It's on now!" Tessa said with a wide grin.

_________________________________________________________________________

JACOB'S POV

I was walking to one of the eight upstairs bathrooms to...well, do my business before I went to bad. I opened the door, and Tessa was in there, washing her hands. She turned and saw me, and I abandoned all hopes of sneaking away before being noticed.

"Sorry, Tessa, I just had to...you know, go. I guess I'll just use another one," I said, probably going really red. Surprisingly, Tessa just smiled and dried her hands calmly.

"It's alright, you can go in this one. I was finished anyways. I'm on a tryst, so i have to get ready," she said, smiling widely.

"A tryst...As in a secret romantic meeting with somebody? HAHAHA! Az is already with Emma...I think," I said, teasing her.

"No, it's not with Az. It's with you," she said.

Tessa leaned in and kissed me. At first, I was surprised, but then I realized how I had really felt this whole time. I loved Tessa. I met her kiss with equal force, wrapping my arms around her and kissing her harder. Then I heard a whistling behind me. Az was standing there, leaning on the hallway wall, arms folded noncholantly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, were you two in the middle of something?" he asked. I separated from Tessa quickly, and I felt my whole face turn as crimson as a bottle of ketchup.

"You're my next prank victim for this," I said.

And Az just stood there and laughed. But pretty soon, Tessa and I joined in. Ah...Good times at Slick Vic's house.